• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Just like so many shows out there..... you gotta give em a few episodes to find their footing (this one took longer than some, but I'm glad I kept watching)

This show is finding it's legs now. I'm starting to really like it.

The directing, pacing, editing, use of comedy... it's all coming together now.

I have to agree. Though last night's episode was interesting in showing The Saint of Killers reliving his sins over and over. I wonder how confusing that was for a few minutes to the general audience. Like the reel was stuck in a loop.

It was a very daring yet successful approach to the character and his situation that could have backfired.

"So, what we do now? You fancy a shag or hold hands or something?" :roflmao:

Hilarious.

In an instant it turned Cassidy from a terrifying character, back to a likable character.

Also, when the Angels were getting on the bus to Hell, and the tall one had to leave the trunk behind, did I hear him say, "But what about my Comics?".

Nice little shout out to us comic collectors.

Edited by gadzukes

Just like so many shows out there..... you gotta give em a few episodes to find their footing (this one took longer than some, but I'm glad I kept watching)

This show is finding it's legs now. I'm starting to really like it.

The directing, pacing, editing, use of comedy... it's all coming together now.

I have to agree. Though last night's episode was interesting in showing The Saint of Killers reliving his sins over and over. I wonder how confusing that was for a few minutes to the general audience. Like the reel was stuck in a loop.

It was a very daring yet successful approach to the character and his situation that could have backfired.

It seemed a bit long, but it really hammered down the personal hell he was having to endure.

Hilarious.

In an instant it turned Cassidy from a terrifying character, back to a likable character.

Also, when the Angels were getting on the bus to Hell, and the tall one had to leave the trunk behind, did I hear him say, "But what about my Comics?".

That he did. Which we all felt comfortable recommending leaving them with someone's mother so then they would end up in the trash for some kindly sanitation worker to find.

(:

Liking the pacing now....but I've gotta say that in spite of my love for the appearance of the SOK....I'd like to see a more traditional origin of that character.

The angel of death, Lucifer....the two mystical guns.....that's all part of the sauce that fleshes him out. Making him some damned soul in Hell reliving his sins is interesting, but takes much of the menace out of him.

Does this look like a guy that could take down God? Is Lucifer quaking in his boots because he knows the SOK can gun him down?

Him becoming the new angel of death is part of his allure.

Him shutting down the fires of Hell with his cold heart is another aspect of the character that is missing in action.

I completely understand they're taking literary license with the character, but how much they strip away is just as important as what they leave.

Liking the pacing now....but I've gotta say that in spite of my love for the appearance of the SOK....I'd like to see a more traditional origin of that character.

The angel of death, Lucifer....the two mystical guns.....that's all part of the sauce that fleshes him out. Making him some damned soul in Hell reliving his sins is interesting, but takes much of the menace out of him.

Does this look like a guy that could take down God? Is Lucifer quaking in his boots because he knows the SOK can gun him down?

Him becoming the new angel of death is part of his allure.

Him shutting down the fires of Hell with his cold heart is another aspect of the character that is missing in action.

I completely understand they're taking literary license with the character, but how much they strip away is just as important as what they leave.

A fine analysis of the differences in the origin stories!!!

Hilarious.

That scene was very reminiscent of Breaking Bad. It looked a lot like the scenes towards the end when the guy who gave people new identities would pick people up.

Was Odin killed in the season finale?

SPOILER BELOW!!!

My guess is no, since the plant he owned was never in town.

I'm also guessing the sheriff happened to be out of city limits when it happened.

Everybody else though...SEE YA!

Jay

I thought the last 2 episodes were great. The depiction of hell was genius!

Definitely well done! Although I kept waiting for the Saint of Killers to appear near the end as main characters rode off on their search for God.

Herr Starr Coming To PREACHER In Season 2

preacher-garth-ennis-herr-starr-illustration.jpg

As Preacher showrunner Sam Catlin spoke to Deadline about last night's explosive season one finale of Preacher, he revealed that comic book fans can expect Her Starr to debut in season 2. Briefly glimpsed in episode 3 (though obscured in shadows), Herr Starr will make his presence felt in season 2 according to Catlin. The producer also teased that we'll soon be meeting the men responsible for the murder of Jesse's father. "We don’t know who killed Jesse’s father, but we’ll know more about who those two men were."

SOK FTW!!!!

Saw a youtube interview with the cast. They pretty much said that fans of the comic are going to be happy they invested so much time into a "prequel" of the story by the end of the first season. The presumption is that we're going to get more of the story we're familiar with starting with season 2.

I agree. they have set season two up very nicely. Looks like it will be lots of fun.