• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Seth Rogen On PREACHER; Hints At Some Changes From The Comic

"Me and Evan are writing it

now with the help of Sam Catlin and we’ve come up with a lot of incredibly crazy ideas. [Laughs] It’s a fun thing to riff on and talk about. We’re definitely trying to expand on some of the ideas in the comic and make it that…we love most of the main cornerstones of the comic but we’re trying to make it that even if you’ve read the comic you should not know exactly what to expect from the TV show."

Seth Rogen Offers a Peek at the Preacher Pilot Outline

Fans of the series will notice that the opening teaser for this episode reads "Intro Genesis," which is the spirit that goes on to posses the title character Jesse Custer. A card further down on the board reads "Daily Breakfast, Jesse w/" which could refer to the opening scene of the comic's first issue which reveals Custer along with his girlfriend Tulip and friend Cassidy.

We may have a long way. Or this may move along quickly.

:wishluck:

Franco as Jessie

Hermione as Tulip

Jay Baruchel as Cassidy

Seth as arseface

Jonah Hill as Herr Starr

Danny McBride as Saint of Killers

Craig Robinson as God

I'd go see that.

Ha!

Throw in Danny McBride playing his usual screen persona and I would see it as well.

Seth Rogen tweet

---------------------

Seth Rogen has teased another excerpt from the Preacher pilot. According to Variety, AMC is very close to giving the green light to the Garth Ennis adaptation. Hopefully, we'll be getting casting rumblings very soon.

wRml5BV.png

---------------------

MARVEL EIC Axel Alonso On PREACHER Becoming An AMC Live-Action TV Show

--------------------

"Love it [that AMC is moving forward]. It's long overdue. I miss editing that book. Don't miss wondering if I still had a job after an issue came out, though. [Laughs] Yeah, it's been talked about for some time -- both as a feature film and TV series, which it's much better suited to.

I'm really curious to see how the story gets adapted, because there's only so much that you can tone down the source material before you destroy it. On the surface, it's a macabre spaghetti western, but it's got a lot to say about the society, organized religion, and just how plain #$%#$ed up people can be. The network that does it needs to be brave."

--------------------

No Inglourious Basterds?!? 3rd Act?

Studios might rethink using this arse.

Yep, he pretty much kamikaze'd his career.

It will be interesting if AMC puts out a statement distancing themselves.

Yep. Self inflicted career injury.

PREACHER Casting Direction

----------------------

According to Superherohype, Jesse Custer's gun-toting girlfriend Tulip O'Hare is to "receive a change to her ethnicity", and will be played by an African American actress.

----------------------

The pilot was written by Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad) and has Rogen and Goldberg attached to direct.

----------------------