• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

How Preacher's Season 2 Road Trip Brings It Closer To The Comics

“It's more intense, cause there's the three of us,” Ruth Negga, who plays Tulip O’Hare, tells ComcBook.com on the show’s New Orleans set. “There's not been any kind of significant others yet that we've had that much interaction yet. It's basically like reading the comic book, I suppose, with their road trip and shenanigans and hijinks that they get up to.”

“I can tell you the dynamic filming really changed,” says Joeseph Gilgun, who plays Cassidy. “Obviously, new place, new crew, new vibe. The first two weeks there was just a f***-ton of filming. It's gone from being stationary to now constantly being on the move. I think that's going to be the case every single season.”

“It feels smaller in terms of cast, but it's more expansive in terms of the opportunity for different meetings and different people turning up,” Dominic Cooper, who plays Jesse, explains. “It feels totally different, but in a really good way. I feel it was very important for us to establish who they were, and what they wanted. What their desires were, what fueled them, and what they were prepared to risk and destruct for their own benefits. And also, just to give it a really clear indication of where they come from and their background. I think you've got a very strong idea of those particular characters.”

“The dynamic has changed dramatically in terms of how they cope with one another and the lies in which they're telling each other...It's much more about how they feel toward one another and how they're dealing with their problems and their mistakes and how their love for one another, if it really exists, is going to last through this very difficult journey. It seems like all joy at the beginning, a sort of fun road trip with the best mates ever. But it quickly deteriorates into chaos.”

Preacher Season 2 premieres June 25 at 10 p.m. ET on AMC.

Season 2, Episodes 1 & 2 were a heck of a lot of wild fun. A lot more crazy than the first season.

And the Saint of Killers is throughout the episode. Pretty wild scene when he shows up at a hotel hosting a gun ownership convention. Maybe the attendees changed their minds now.

lol

Having not read Preacher before, I didn't know what to expect the other night.

Preacher Reveals The True Origin Of Arseface

This week’s episode of Preacher, “Damsels,” revealed the true story of how Eugene Root got the nickname “Arseface.”

Events in Annville in the first season of Preacher led viewers to believe that Eugene’s failed suicide attempt came after he tried to murder Tracy Lorch, a classmate that Eugene had unrequited feelings for. The flashback in “Damsels” reveals that wasn’t quite the case.

The flashback takes place during Eugene's time in Hell, where Eugene is being forced to relive his worst memory on repeat exactly as the Saint of Killers was before Fiore and Deblanc freed him. It ends when the strange device in his cell that projects the memories stops functioning. If Eugene feels any momentary relief it ends pretty quickly when he looks outside his cell and finds that Adolf Hitler has the room across from his.

I'm waaaay behind with six episodes piled up on the DVR, but I really enjoy the first two episodes even more than last season.  Lack of free time is the only thing keeping me away from it.

9 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Is This season worth watching?  Doesn't seem like there is much buzz at all about it.

I think so! Even more than last season. And the 'Eugene in Hell' scenes have even added to the craziness of the story.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm waaaay behind with six episodes piled up on the DVR, but I really enjoy the first two episodes even more than last season.  Lack of free time is the only thing keeping me away from it.

Plenty of good episodes ahead for you.