• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Sighhhhh. A black Tulip who grew up learning how to hunt and shoot guns from her Irish father?

There are black Irish people though ;) Like Ruth Negga, she would be an awesome Tulip imho:

tumblr_nk6v96ibUK1u2d8svo1_500.png

and then she was....

I think I'm onboard with this casting. She's good! She's got an "it" factor.

+ 1

:applause:

lolnailed it! lol

Edited by Revol

I just got done reading Preacher 1-12 and ordered book 2. It has gotten me real excited for this show....it could be great. Seth Rogen being invloved does make me worry though. But he may surprise us.

I think Walton Googins would be GREAT as Jesse! He kills it as Boyd Crowder in Justified. Me and my wife just started watching Justified a month ago and are on season 5 now. It has quickly become my new favorite show. With it ending this year Googins should be looking for work.....If you haven't watched Justified go watch it! :sumo:

I think Walton Googins would be GREAT as Jesse! He kills it as Boyd Crowder in Justified. Me and my wife just started watching Justified a month ago and are on season 5 now. It has quickly become my new favorite show. With it ending this year Googins should be looking for work.....If you haven't watched Justified go watch it! :sumo:

I think he would be a fantastic choice. But it looks like he has his next project commitment.

Walton Goggins To Star In HBO Comedy ‘Vice Principals’, Shea Whigham Cast

In his biggest comedy series commitment to date, Justified, Sons Of Anarchy and The Shield‘s Walton Goggins has been cast as the co-lead opposite Danny McBride in Vice Principals, HBO’s comedy from Eastbound & Down creators McBride and Jody Hill. Also cast in the 18-episode series is another actor known for drama TV roles, Boardwalk Empire‘s Shea Whigham.

And now we know where Shea Whigham (Agent Carter's Roger Dooley) landed as well.

It's definitely TV and movie news day.

TRUE BLOOD Actress Lucy Griffiths Joins AMC's PREACHER As 'Emily'

British actress Lucy Griffith played the female lead in the Constantine pilot but wound up being replaced by Angélica Celaya's Zed when the series was picked up. Well, she'll have a chance to make an impact in a other small-screen Vertigo adaptation as THR reports that Griffiths has been cast in AMC's Preacher as character who seems to have been created just for the show, Emily Woodrow. The site describe Emily as "a no-nonsense single mother of three. Emily's a waitress, the church organist, bookkeeper and Jesse's loyal right hand. Stoic and strong, wise beyond her years, she can’t help but have a little thing for Preacher Jesse."

I hear ha. I've got two complete sets burning a hole in my collection. I'm thinking about putting them up at a high price and if they don't sell they will when the promo comes out.

It really doesn't matter if the show sucks. The first cool promo on TV will cause the books to skyrocket.

That's not really how it works ... it's during the lead-up period to the first trailer or promo where the prices plateau - just look at Constantine for a recent example. It's all about selling the sizzle, not the steak :thumbsup:

It really doesn't matter if the show sucks. The first cool promo on TV will cause the books to skyrocket.

That's not really how it works ... it's during the lead-up period to the first trailer or promo where the prices plateau - just look at Constantine for a recent example. It's all about selling the sizzle, not the steak :thumbsup:

I think this series will be more like the Deadpool movie. People have been hearing about the Preacher show for years so when people are sure it's going to happen we should see a large jump compared to the current prices. Just my opinion.