• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the chance of a Sandman TV adaptation?

17 posts in this topic

Here is the recent interview with Gaiman on the possibility of a movie or TV show. Gaiman interview Seems like he's pushing for something to happen to take Sandman to the mainstream. With the recent event involving Preacher, this to me could be a reality.

I'm sure this rumor has been discussed at length in the past. If it has, let's revisit it.

If I remember correctly HBO owns the rights to Sandman (This may just be me dreaming) but I do know that they own American Gods. And my guess is, if AG does well, Sandman may have a shot.

But it would be a difficult task to pull off to say the least. I think Sandman, done correctly, would be even more expensive and difficult than Game of Thrones.

How many times can they re-use sets in Sandman? there's a lot of places that are used one and done....

Man if this happen, I'd be making some quick change because last year I bought a longbox and it had 10 #1s among the other random books in it.

Congrats! Whether it happens or not, i think the book retains it value well due the demands it generate. Ask anyone to recommend a good book and almost every time Sandman is on the list.

As for TV production, expensive as it may be, the only network that i feel could take it on is HBO and make it a success. The story has a very strong mainstream appeal and if done correctly could spin off into many more stories.

Here is the recent interview with Gaiman on the possibility of a movie or TV show. Gaiman interview Seems like he's pushing for something to happen to take Sandman to the mainstream. With the recent event involving Preacher, this to me could be a reality.

I'm sure this rumor has been discussed at length in the past. If it has, let's revisit it.

57.875%

exactly...

57.875%

57.875%

exactly...

57.875%

:roflmao:

57.875%

exactly...

57.875%

A few years ago it was zilch, zero, nada... So the chances are getting better and better. lol

With recent TV adaptations getting good figures and both Marvel and DC raking it in at the box office I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets floated again because the timing seems right. Maybe they are looking more towards the genre as a safer bet, plus Gaiman has massive cross media appeal.

Agree that it is a mountain to climb to try and get this one right. Can't imagine that anyone would hope to see a glimmer of daylight for a long time after a rumor starts.

With recent TV adaptations getting good figures and both Marvel and DC raking it in at the box office I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets floated again because the timing seems right. Maybe they are looking more towards the genre as a safer bet, plus Gaiman has massive cross media appeal.

Agree that it is a mountain to climb to try and get this one right. Can't imagine that anyone would hope to see a glimmer of daylight for a long time after a rumor starts.

I agree. Gaiman appeals to different generations and people who like him, love him. I'm a Sandman fan for 20 plus years. My daughter ( now 17) loves Coraline. In fact, she had a Coraline themed birthday party a couple of months ago. The cool thing about Sandman is that a lot of people have no clue about the book and therefore I don't think there will be as many preconceived notions about how it should be made.

I hope if they do make it that the Corinthian and Death are in it.