• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book price guide....

25 posts in this topic

Is their another price guide better than Overstreet. If so which one shuld I get..

Overstreet is the industry standard and is the only price guide you should consider buying. If you can't wait until April for the new edition, buy the 2002 version which is still available via amazon.com and various book stores/ comic shops.

Definitely stick with Overstreet. And as mentioned, you can still pick up the current one. Actually you will probabl dinf it informative to start tracking values listed from year to year, and there are always interesting articles to be read in each.

Bug,

I've noticed you've been doing a lot of mad.gif lately. You seem upset. Is there anything we can do to make you laugh.gif . Life is too precious to go through every day being mad.gif .When you're laugh.gif you live longer and life is worth living. If there is someone other than Darth that is making you mad.gif , let us all know and we'll sic mouse or hammer on em'. Although it's my understanding neither are as mad.gif as they used to be I still feel they can be quite effective.

Modern books are expensive. Is that why the suck?

I was just kidding kinda sorta...but I do think that most modern books have a price versus value ratio that sucks on the majority of them as opposed to other genre...

And by modern I mean from 1980-present... wink.gif

I do believe there is more out there then there is good quality books...that's why I don't read or collect them. (with only a couple of exceptions(sp?))

One recent example comes to mind...The FF 10 center that I heard a lot of people hyped up as being a good read was a total disappointment to me since I had fairly high expectations for it...I hear on the boards about this book or that book being well written and good artwork but I am leary of trying them since I am rather spoiled on silver and bronze books....

Anybody have a book in mind that might sway my opinion... crazy.gif

i have not bought a new book in years but gave the new Batman series by Loeb and Lee a go and it has been really good. I would recommend that and a buddy of mine says that the Ultimates is a good series as well as Global Frequency (I think that is the name of it) by Ellis.

I am currently reading about 20 titles now and the ones I enjoy the most are Elektra

Justice League - especially # 77, you know where they're attacked by a new never-seen-before alien thing, and there's a battle in their flying-headquarters-in-the-sky where they start losing their memory so Superman throws the alien-thing at a wormhole and saves the day in a very Silver-esque kinda way.) And if that doesn't convince you he actually says, I kid you not "I can generate static electricity in tremendous quantities". Personally I think if he said "mass quantities" it would have been better. Oh yea, and Daredevils quite good. Lotsa good stuff out there now if you don't mind the prices.