• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please someone post the actual Wizard Top 10 Back Issue List

14 posts in this topic

1 - 30 Days of Night #1

2 - Y-The Last Man #1

3 - Fables #1

4 - Batman #608 1st Print

5 - Daredevil #131

6 - Supergirl #75

7 - L of EG Vol. 2 #2

8 - Shonen Jump #1

9 - Batman #608 2nd Print

10 - Ultimate War #1

I just bought my first Wizard in months today at lunch so I happen to have this silly little list.

but I was hoping to get some bargains at some dealers shop around that does not check into that list

Jens, just some words of warning.

I would not be speculating on comic books based on what Wizard says is 'hot'. Rather than get bargains you are more likely to overpay for the books. You would be much better off buying books that are NOT on Wizards list.

Agreed.

Most of the books that Wizard called "hot" ever since they started doing it, can be bought for about cover price now. These are NOT good investments.

Good advice.

When a local dealer was selling his Origin 1 for $25.00, I asked him if I could sell him a couple copies for $10.00 ea. He said no. Wizard had it listed as NO. 1 Sure, the comic was hot but only for the people selling them.Good luck trying to sell one at over-book price to a dealer. Never really had any for sale, but I knew he'd say no. Been there, done that. Don't get fooled. If you have any old wizards, take a look at what was hot a couple years ago and see where they are now. Coming anything like another Ultimate Spiderman are LLLLLooooonnngggggg odds.

The point is Jens, for titles like 30 Days Of Night (and others on the list) it is already too late. You will not get the book for cover price now, but will have to pay through the nose for a copy.

By the time Wizard hypes a book as hot, you have missed the boat on it. You have to buy the book BEFORE it gets on Wizard's list...... or a couple of years after.

oh, I know this one store of which I pretty much believe that he doesnt care about the wizard guide because he is pretty old and he also does not care about being listed in any comic reference...so he might even have 30 days for cover price months after it was/is hot...or at least "fables" or so...

I don't know about long-term value and collectibility, but at the very least, Fables and Y-Last Man are two of the more original and interesting books to come along in quite some time....they're definitely worth the reading time.