• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's customer service ??

8 posts in this topic

As an Authorized Dealer Member, I received my official notification of CGC's price increase in today's mail (Feb 3rd), in a letter postmarked January 30th. Nothing like a good "head's up", CGC! I think I'll teleport my comics right over! I suppose it would have killed them to include some new Submittal Forms as well?

It must be nice to have enough business to continually treat the "average" customer with such disdain time after time, and not be held accountable for almost all actions.

I think I will submit my comics through Heritage next time!

Steve

I knew about the price increase a week ago, and was planning on sending some comics in on Saturday. Then I went to the website, and it said the books had to be "IN-HOUSE" by tomorrow, Feb. 4! mad.gif

So, basically, they gave everyone about 1 day to get their books together, package them, and send them priority mail to their warehouse in Florida. What a crock of crapola! mad.gif

Hmmm, CGC do seem to be upsetting rather a lot of people lately. frown.gif

It is a shame that they cannot even offer up any explanations for recent price increases/ suspicious business practices etc. that have been rased on these boards.

This is after all supposed to be their forum. It can't do them too much good in the long run if they continue off collectors. mad.gif

I had a couple different reactions on how the CGC handled their price increase.

1. The email that they sent out could have had more explanation on where we could get questions regarding the change. It also seemed rather poorly done in that at first it appeared like someone had composed it in a word file and then copy-pasted it into the email. It certainly didn't look professional in any sense of the word. Actually at first I assumed it was some sort of spam scam.

So I actually sent a few comics in, and it took me about an evening of rushing around to get it all done correctly and up to their specs.

2. Then because the postal system here in San Francisco is so bad that you never know when they'll get around to sending your packages anywhere, I had to send it priority in order to make the deadline, upping my shipping costs exponentially. I did this because you HAVE to send it to their post office box, and really WHO KNOWS how or when they pick up these things. They may only get their mail once or twice a week, so I figured that they'd have a week to get the package into their warehouse as per their *notification*. mad.gifshocked.gif

3. Then I waited. And waited. And waited. Thinking that they'd notify me when the comics actually got there. I don't know about anyone else's communication practices as a buyer and a seller, but when I receive a payment in the mail or a box of comics that I've purchased from another party... I assume that notifying them is a good idea. No such luck from the CGC tho. They had my comics for four days and didn't charge my CC until late friday, even though the USPS delivery confirmation said that they'd actually received the package on Tuesday morning. Actually by friday I even called them to see what was up and the customer Service rep (obviously not having a good day) was pretty snippy over the phone. mad.gif

Anyways they have them now, so we'll see what happens in the end. blush.gif

I received the email from CGC which gave me plenty of time to get my books together for them to grade. I shipped them off via USPS Priority which costed me close to $35. They received the books within 2 business days and billed my credit card the same day they received them. Although it would be nice, I don't expect CGC to email me or call me when they receive my books since they probably receive a ton of submissions (especially in the last few weeks).

I called gemma a few days after to make sure that Steve got one of the books that I wanted him to "review" since I truly believe that it can be resubmitted as a 9.8. Like always, CGC was good to me.