• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1991 Punisher 54 Double Page Splash

7 posts in this topic

First I would like to say I am embarassingly ignorant when it comes to original art, but I had a chance to pick this up yesterday and was curious if someone could give me any parameters on how to value it. I don't plan to sell it as I really like the piece, but just curious what it might be worth. It is Jimmy Palmiotti inks directly on top of Hugh Haynes pencils, double page splash from issue 54 of The Punisher from 1991 and there are many little production notes scribbled in the margins and it is signed in the margin by Palmiotti.

1450099_738986912797894_1884019708_n.jpg

well my extremely naive and uninformed opinion would be... its punisher, but not from a well known issue or artist... double splash though...

call it 400?

* guess pulled directly out of my buttocks with zero research

well my extremely naive and uninformed opinion would be... its punisher, but not from a well known issue or artist... double splash though...

call it 400?

* guess pulled directly out of my buttocks with zero research

My Buttquote is also about $400

While I would never argue with the butt quotes of my esteemed fellow board members, you can do some easy research.

You might want to explore the archive at Heritage Auctions. Once you sign-up and get an id, you can search for pieces from that issues or by those artists and see what they have sold for.

if you want more data, join the Comic Art Fans site, pay for Market Data access, and access eBay and other auction sites as well as Heritage.

Finally, you can search current dealer sites. There is a list of dealers on this board and the Dragonberry site has a list as well.

Bronty and Pete Marino are much more educated about original art values than I am. And Pete's Buttquote is the market standard when it comes to pricing Punisher OA.

That said, if you can find someone who will slip you $400 for that DPS, take it. Within my limited circle of fellow collectors, no one is a Hugh Haynes fan boy. I think the price point is closer to $200-300 and, if you put this on eBay, you might struggle to reach those numbers.

Thanks for the input guys, very helpful. I plan to just keep it as I enjoy having unique items and like the art itself. I gave 200 for it when I bought it so not much wiggle room if I wanted to resale but at least I didn't overpay since my 200 offer was a complete stab in the dark guess at a fair price. Thanks!