• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official X-Force movie thread? Appears to be moving forward
1 1

119 posts in this topic

Rob Liefeld Calls X-Force Movie -script Beyond Impressive

Liefeld also added, “There are at least 4 sequences that long time fans of X-Force, Cable and Deadpool will scream in absolute delight! #wadlownailedit.” While Liefeld’s comment seems to confirm that Cable and Deadpool will be part of the team, he refused to divulge any of the other cast members.

I really want to see a solid Cable casting.

movie-cable.jpg

:wishluck:

Liefeld also added, “There are at least 4 sequences that long time fans of X-Force, Cable and Deadpool will scream in absolute delight! #wadlownailedit.” While Liefeld’s comment seems to confirm that Cable and Deadpool will be part of the team, he refused to divulge any of the other cast members.

movie-cable.jpg

The guy that should have been cast as Nick Fury.

Wow... I predict this will bring the movie speculators to their knees. People will be buying and selling New Mutants 87 in the $75-100 range, and not one person will actually be happy to own one.

I love Nitro, so I notice when 86's turn up. There weren't a ton around even when people were still buying New Mutants back issues.

I would probably be more interested if Liefeld thought the -script sucked…
Exactly what I thought on reading the article. We've seen what Liefeld puts out when it's a high profile opportunity to redeem himself as a writer and an artist. If he thinks it's great, it makes one wonder what it's really like. It strikes me odd that he's referring to what the film is about, rather than what the screenplay is about. Having a screenplay doesn't equate to the film being made, and even if it is, it will likely bear no resemblance to the screenplay he has read.

Exactly what I thought on reading the article. We've seen what Liefeld puts out when it's a high profile opportunity to redeem himself as a writer and an artist. If he thinks it's great, it makes one wonder what it's really like. It strikes me odd that he's referring to what the film is about, rather than what the screenplay is about. Having a screenplay doesn't equate to the film being made, and even if it is, it will likely bear no resemblance to the screenplay he has read.

But that may clue you into the level of detail Liefeld goes to when reading something.

"Cable's in the -script? Check.

Deadpool's in the -script? Check.

THIS IS A GREAT -script!"

I was hoping it would be this X-Force:

x-force_0.jpg

…I will only go see an X-Force movie if it's the Milligan/Allred era X-Force and Doop is in it.
My favorite run on X-Force was the John Francis Moore run with artists Adam Pollina and Jim Cheung. I don't think anything about that run would translate well to a movie.

I heard they're having trouble finding enough actors who don't have feet.
It would be kind of cool to see little tributes to Liefeld in an X-Force movie, such as the occasional obvious hiding of feet and pouches in the least convenient places.

But that may clue you into the level of detail Liefeld goes to when reading something.

"Cable's in the -script? Check.

Deadpool's in the -script? Check.

THIS IS A GREAT -script!"

Exactly. Plot optional.

movie-cable.jpg

The guy that should have been cast as Nick Fury.

Cable needs to be cast as a younger guy who will be made to look older in the movie by makeup. That way you can keep the same guy for a while.