• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official X-Force movie thread? Appears to be moving forward
1 1

119 posts in this topic

I was hoping it would be this X-Force:

x-force_0.jpg

…I will only go see an X-Force movie if it's the Milligan/Allred era X-Force and Doop is in it.
My favorite run on X-Force was the John Francis Moore run with artists Adam Pollina and Jim Cheung. I don't think anything about that run would translate well to a movie.

I heard they're having trouble finding enough actors who don't have feet.
It would be kind of cool to see little tributes to Liefeld in an X-Force movie, such as the occasional obvious hiding of feet and pouches in the least convenient places.

I can see someone getting handed a "bandolier" of pouches and the character getting them handed to just looks at them in contempt.

Heck, I might go see this one in the theatre just to look for in-jokes.

-slym

I heard they're having trouble finding enough actors who don't have feet.

:roflmao:

And they can't get the Chinese factory to turn around the thousands of pouches fast enough...

x-force_0.jpg

Same here.
+ 10000

Was that book any good? I think I read the first issue or two but it was when the market was being FLOODED by Wolverine stuff.

it's great! Plus it leads into Messiah war then Necrosha.

X-23 and Warpath are great characters ^__^

I would probably be more interested if Liefeld thought the -script sucked, but I will only go see an X-Force movie if it's the Milligan/Allred era X-Force and Doop is in it.

I loved that series. Easily the longest run of mutant book I ever followed.

x-force_0.jpg

Same here.
+ 10000

Was that book any good? I think I read the first issue or two but it was when the market was being FLOODED by Wolverine stuff.

it's great! Plus it leads into Messiah war then Necrosha.

X-23 and Warpath are great characters ^__^

I loved X-Force Vol 3 as well :grin:

C'mon, is nobody excited for an actual Liefeld version? This thread seems to mostly be people bashing him with the same weak jokes and arguments that were old in the 90s:)

The end of New Mutants and the beginning of X-Force were very fun and badass books. People read it and loved it, which is why the speculators showed up and pushed it to 5 million copies without alternate covers and foil embossed BS.

Sure, it went downhill soon enough, but the run of NM93-NM100 and XF 1-4 were solid books and we'd be lucky to get something as cool made into a movie.

Instead we're stuck with the tired old Ratner/Singer sanitized and castrated X-Men movies of late that pale next to the comics...

x-force-omnibus.jpg

C'mon, is nobody excited for an actual Liefeld version? This thread seems to mostly be people bashing him with the same weak jokes and arguments that were old in the 90s:)

The end of New Mutants and the beginning of X-Force were very fun and badass books. People read it and loved it, which is why the speculators showed up and pushed it to 5 million copies without alternate covers and foil embossed BS.

Sure, it went downhill soon enough, but the run of NM93-NM100 and XF 1-4 were solid books and we'd be lucky to get something as cool made into a movie.

Instead we're stuck with the tired old Ratner/Singer sanitized and castrated X-Men movies of late that pale next to the comics...

x-force-omnibus.jpg

Nope (shrug)

x-force-omnibus.jpg

Nope (shrug)

+1

-slym

t-is-for-terrible.jpg

Are you Rob Liefeld?

t-is-for-terrible.jpg

Are you Rob Liefeld?

lol

Other than Cable,Warpath,and Domino,Liefeld's X-Force isn't really a team mainstream moviegoers are excited to see on the big screen.

Are you Rob Liefeld?

Haha, no. I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

Liefeld has become the go-to punching bag for the industry that seems to conveniently forget all the good things he brought to comics(Cable, Deadpool, Image Comics, etc)

Other than Cable,Warpath,and Domino,Liefeld's X-Force isn't really a team mainstream moviegoers are excited to see on the big screen.

As opposed to mainstream stalwarts like Guardians of the Galaxy? Or Ant-Man? Or Dr Strange? Or Namor? Or Black Panther?

Haha, c'mon, there are plenty of questionable properties being made into movies these days whose audience is almost entirely comic fans.

I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

You're right. Kirby made this same mistake

rob-liefeld3.jpg

With that said, you're entitled to like what you like and build your collection how you want to. It is what makes this hobby great. My dislike for Liefled is in no way belittling what you enjoy. I just hope they don't use that same exact lineup. I really liked Remender's run of UXF.

I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

rob-liefeld3.jpg

Just as bad as what I see out of Ramos on a monthly basis on Spider-Man. In fact I gotta say Liefeld > Ramos.

rob-liefeld3.jpg

Just as bad as what I see out of Ramos on a monthly basis on Spider-Man. In fact I gotta say Liefeld > Ramos.

Ramos is horrible as well, IMO. It may work for some books, but I can't stand they way he draws Spidey and other Marvel characters.