• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official X-Force movie thread? Appears to be moving forward
1 1

119 posts in this topic

Are you Rob Liefeld?

Haha, no. I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

Liefeld has become the go-to punching bag for the industry that seems to conveniently forget all the good things he brought to comics(Cable, Deadpool, Image Comics, etc)

Other than Cable,Warpath,and Domino,Liefeld's X-Force isn't really a team mainstream moviegoers are excited to see on the big screen.

As opposed to mainstream stalwarts like Guardians of the Galaxy? Or Ant-Man? Or Dr Strange? Or Namor? Or Black Panther?

Haha, c'mon, there are plenty of questionable properties being made into movies these days whose audience is almost entirely comic fans.

All those you mention are owned my Marvel/Disney (except for Namor)

They have better writers,directors than Fox does.

I'm looking forward to seeng just what the X Force movie line up would be. The current rumour that it will be a cross between the original roster amd later rosters is just what I would hope for. I think I would like something like.......

Cable

Domino

Warpath

Psylocke

Fantomex

Archangel

With Deadpool featured as a non member. Maybe a cameo by Wolverine but that's not essential.

Possibly Stryfe and the MLF as the villains?

Jeff Wadlow and Mark Millar have yet to announce the five person roster for the movie, but many believe Cable and Deadpool are locked in for two spots.

Who would be your Five?

My five would be:.

1) Cable

2) Deadpool

3) Domino

4) Warpath

5) and a bratty joke cracking Boom Boom

with an assist from Forge ( but no field action)

Edited by C-raider1

Jeff Wadlow and Mark Millar have yet to announce the five person roster for the movie, but many believe Cable and Deadpool are locked in for two spots.

Who would be your Five?

1) Cable

2) Deadpool

3) Domino

4) Warpath

I didn't know it had been confirmed as a five person roster. Where was that announced?

I believe that Cable and Deadpool are pretty fixed for the movie but would Deadpool definitely be on the team? He could be more interesting as an initial antagonist who later finds himself on the same side.

I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

You're right. Kirby made this same mistake

rob-liefeld3.jpg

With that said, you're entitled to like what you like and build your collection how you want to. It is what makes this hobby great. My dislike for Liefled is in no way belittling what you enjoy. I just hope they don't use that same exact lineup. I really liked Remender's run of UXF.

This Cap image is basically the single image everyone points to...and with good reason. It sucks. Not arguing that at all:)

15capthibo.gif

But sticking with the Cap analogy, here's a quick example of a Kirby hand I've seen a few times. Do those really look like fingers? Does he have a thumb? :)

I'm not even pushing for the same lineup per se, just that it would be cool if it followed the original concept of X-Force, which was mutants going past goodie two-shoes approach Xavier pushed for and treating it more like a take no prisoners war. It was a very different take at the time.

All those you mention are owned my Marvel/Disney (except for Namor)

They have better writers,directors than Fox does.

Not disputing that at all.

But the original comment was not about the skill of the film writers, but about the fanbase for the comic book characters. I'd imagine there are more Cable fans out there than Ant-Man fans:)

Edited by RabidFerret

Who would be your Five?

1) Cable

2) Deadpool

3) Domino

4) Warpath

I didn't know it had been confirmed as a five person roster. Where was that announced?

I believe that Cable and Deadpool are pretty fixed for the movie but would Deadpool definitely be on the team? He could be more interesting as an initial antagonist who later finds himself on the same side.

I'd like to see:

X-Force:

1) Cable

2) Domino

3) Warlock(probably no chance)

4) Cannonball

5) Boom Boom

6) Sunspot

Main Villain:

1) Styfe and the MLF

Quasi-villain:

1) Deadpool

Cameos:

1) Shatterstar

2) Forge

Characters they could introduce and kill off:

1) Cypher

2) Rusty

3) Skids

4) Rictor

Who would be your Five?

1) Cable

2) Deadpool

3) Domino

4) Warpath

the Rob Liefeld interview link from the first post in this thread. At the bottom of the interview there is another link (related post section) . It's an article on Jeff Wadlow and Mark Millar talking about the five person roster.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/23/x-force-movie-to-feature-five-characters/

But when I just reread the article I realize you are your right it has not been offically confirmed yet.

Edited by C-raider1

I just find it comical how many people hate and mock him while giving free passes to plenty of other people for similar issues. Kirby, Mignola, Lee, McFarlane, etc all make the same mistakes, avoid feet and drawing things they don't like, but aren't repeatedly dragged out and mocked for it:)

You're right. Kirby made this same mistake

rob-liefeld3.jpg

With that said, you're entitled to like what you like and build your collection how you want to. It is what makes this hobby great. My dislike for Liefled is in no way belittling what you enjoy. I just hope they don't use that same exact lineup. I really liked Remender's run of UXF.

This Cap image is basically the single image everyone points to...and with good reason. It sucks. Not arguing that at all:)

15capthibo.gif

But sticking with the Cap analogy, here's a quick example of a Kirby hand I've seen a few times. Do those really look like fingers? Does he have a thumb? :)

I'm not even pushing for the same lineup per se, just that it would be cool if it followed the original concept of X-Force, which was mutants going past goodie two-shoes approach Xavier pushed for and treating it more like a take no prisoners war. It was a very different take at the time.

A. You are actually comparing, a high profile, published art piece...by an artist in his PRIME, to a quick fan sketch...by an artist in the twilight of his career.

B. Faults aside, the Kirby sketch STILL blows the Liefield piece out of the water.

A. You are actually comparing, a high profile, published art piece...by an artist in his PRIME, to a quick fan sketch...by an artist in the twilight of his career.

B. Faults aside, the Kirby sketch STILL blows the Liefield piece out of the water.

A) I am comparing an obscure Liefeld piece to an obscure piece of Kirby's.The only reason anyone knows the Liefeld piece is because it keeps being used to mock him. This is not a high profile piece in any way. Can you even tell me where it saw print?

Here's a nice finished pencil Kirby piece if that's better?

05-13.jpg

Or here's a finished ink piece used as a lithograph?

NCSKirbyCap.jpg

B) But this is exactly my point - plenty of people ignore any of Kirby's mistakes and put him on a pedestal. And it's not that I'm in any way trying to say Liefeld is at the level of Kirby. Not even close. But people continue to ignore horrible Kirby art while mocking Liefeld.

My point is simply that every artist has bad art. Even the greats. Yet Liefeld is held to this crazy standard and mocked, in this case for a 20 year old piece of art.

Liefeld isn't mocked only because of that piece of art. It is just the most famously mocked. Shall I trot out the terrible female forms again? Or the grimaces that is every male face, with every tooth the exact same?

The pouches?

The over-sized guns??

Care for me to try and dig up any appearances of feet??

:)

-slym (is not even a huge Kirby fan)

Liefeld isn't mocked only because of that piece of art. It is just the most famously mocked. Shall I trot out the terrible female forms again? Or the grimaces that is every male face, with every tooth the exact same?

The pouches?

The over-sized guns??

I'll save you the time.

The 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings

40 More of the Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings

The pouches?

The over-sized guns??

I Mock Liefeld for largely the same reasons, but I also add in the fact that the man cannot make a deadline to save his life. He's had a year to get a Kickstarted book out for free and hasn't done it yet. He even admits that he did no work in 2013.

People can knock Kirby all they want for his quality, especially in the later years, but you cannot knock his work ethic.

The pouches?

The over-sized guns??

I'll save you the time.

The 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings

40 More of the Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings

(worship)

I Mock Liefeld for largely the same reasons, but I also add in the fact that the man cannot make a deadline to save his life. He's had a year to get a Kickstarted book out for free and hasn't done it yet. He even admits that he did no work in 2013.

People can knock Kirby all they want for his quality, especially in the later years, but you cannot knock his work ethic.

(worship)

-slym