• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official X-Force movie thread? Appears to be moving forward
1 1

119 posts in this topic

X-Force Movie: Rob Liefeld Would Cast Tom Hardy or Jon Hamm as Cable

Of course, both of those guys are in huge demand right now, and neither of them has that strong a family resemblance to James Marsden, Cable’s father in the X-Men franchise (Cyclops). So it’s hard to know just how easy it would be to get one of them. Certainly a track record like $500 million globally in two weeks for Days of Future Past won’t hurt the conversations.

I wouldn't have suggested either to play ths character. But that doesn't mean they are bad suggestions.

I will be an old man before I get to see Deadpool I fear , love the character but he's going to be as hard to translate to the movie screen as Conan is, + its going to take forever to put one together.

It looks like the X-Force movie isn't dead after all.

Jeff Wadlow Completes Rewrite of Masters of the Universe -script

-----------------

Wadlow has also been tapped to write the screenplay for an X-Force film at Fox, with an eye to direct the adaptation of the Marvel comic series, which could prevent him from directing Masters of the Universe if that film gets off the ground.

-----------------

Rob Liefeld Teases Ryan Reynolds For X-Force Movie?

--------------------

Deadpool hits next year starring Ryan Reynolds as the Merc With The Mouth and Morena Baccarin as his love interest.

Just maybe down the road we could see Reynolds as Deadpool in X-Force, or how about Baccarin as Domino?

Well, Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld took to his Instagram and Facebook pages to draw a picture of Reynolds and included the hashtag: "X-Force."

In addition, Liefeld commented on Facebook when a fan brought up mention that it would be awesome to see Baccarin as Domino or Copycat in X-Force with: "Stay Tuned!"

--------------------

LdYkiVf.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds Would Like To See A Cable Led X-Force Movie

Do you see Deadpool leading an X-Force team?

Reynolds: I always see Deadpool running against the grain for everything he does. He can’t possibly conform to any sort of leadership role. He always has to be the wild card. So you’d have to have someone like Cable running point on a team like X-Force. I'd love for that to be a next step that we take.

:whee:

That has got to be the best Liefield drawing ever! No pouches, not contorted sword hilts, no guns as big as the person holding them, no Captain America man-boobs!

Lightbox? (shrug)

Are These The Characters That'll Make Up The Team In The X-FORCE Movie?

Apparently the X-Force concept art below from Gregory Semkow features the "team's lineup in the -script" from writer/director Jeff Wadlow. As you can see we have Cable, Domino, Warpath, Cannonball blasting away in the background, and a mysterious female character.

It's been speculated that this could be Rogue or Hope Summers, but my guess is it's supposed to be either Boom Boom/Boomer, or a more human looking take on Feral. We've heard that Deadpool - who was originally conceived as an X-Force/New Mutants villain - is also in the -script but he's obviously not featured here.

OinsHoC.jpg

3oEduY2IBr0s8AdrIk.gif

That looks so freaking cool. I absolutely love the Warpath-in-an-Eagle-graphic-tee-shirt idea too. That's perfect.

Fox NEEDS Cable too. Especially with the forthcoming retirement from the Wolverine role of Hugh (and the likely rest that they'll give the character for a few years before recasting). And with Fox already burning 5-7 years of prime Reynolds Deadpool time (where he could have been the replacement Wolverine insert badass character), getting Cable cast & introduced would be an awesome way to have that new mega badass for the X-franchise.

Edited by Doktor

I also can't believe how perfect of a casting choice that would actually be. Just have Hamm get big & it works perfectly. He's already a sorta bulky dude.

And I can only imagine him playing the straight man next to Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds Thinks That There Is Room For An R-Rated 'X-Force' Film

While speaking at one of the surprise screenings for the film, star Ryan Reynolds commented on the subject.

“I think it has to [open the door for more R-rated superhero movies], I hope so. There are a lot of superhero movies out there on the market. It’s a genre unto itself. I personally would like to see more rated R ones. I just think it’s time. We’ll see if this holds. Hollywood shamefully copycats every movie that works – so if this does work, you’ll probably see more rated R films!”

With an R-rated Deadpool leading the way, could we see an R-rated X-Force film follow? Reynolds stated that he doesn't "think you’re going to see a rated R Avengers movie, but there’s room for other ones. I think there’s room for a rated R X-Force movie!"

I can see a Ryan Reynolds Deadpool leading/co leading an X-Force team. I bet there is a big end of credit type of thing at the end of the Deadpool movie. hm Was there any word to how many movie Reynolds agreed to in his contract?