• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

The main three in this X-Men franchise reboot are Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto. In this movie universe, it makes sense that Charles would trust her to lead these X-men. Why is that so hard to understand? It fits the story being told. Never understood this jab at the film.

The main three in this X-Men franchise reboot are Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto. In this movie universe, it makes sense that Charles would trust her to lead these X-men. Why is that so hard to understand? It fits the story being told. Never understood this jab at the film.

Especially since Jennifer Lawrence is the most famous and most critically acclaimed actor/actress of all the people in the movie.

I bought my tickets a week ago, but it saddens me to say I'm not really excited about it. (shrug)

:o What?!?!?!

Blame it on the negative reviews, and my realization that Jennifer Lawrence is the main part of the entire movie.

yeah this worked in the last sequel, but from the previews it looks like they are over doing it...

I not really a JL fan. I mean she's hot and all but I don't think her Mystique is all that.

It would've been the same if the first trilogy they made Halle Berry a huge lead.

I mean before X3 she won some huge awards but I really didn't see her role of storm

enough to take a huge part of screen time.

I watched this movie tonight and I can highly recommend it to any X-men fan, in fact I enjoyed it more than Civil war and that was also very good. There were a lot of nice nods to the X-men history and on those levels it worked.

I watched this movie tonight and I can highly recommend it to any X-men fan, in fact I enjoyed it more than Civil war and that was also very good. There were a lot of nice nods to the X-men history and on those levels it worked.

Not surprising. If it has any semblance of a decent story it will blow CW away. lol

Bryan Singer regrets not sticking around to direct X-Men: The Last Stand

After directing both X-MEN and X2, it was assumed that Bryan Singer would return for X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, but Singer ended up dropping the film in favour of developing SUPERMAN RETURNS. While speaking with Fandango recently, Bryan Singer expressed regret at not sticking around to close out his X-MEN trilogy.

"I like finishing things. I like finishing this particular iteration. I know X-Men 3 was quite rushed and I didn't complete it, and I felt a little like it was probably my responsibility to do that as a filmmaker, and I didn't."

Before leaving to develop SUPERMAN RETURNS, Bryan Singer produced a partial story treatment for what would be X-MEN: THE LAST STAND with Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty. His take on the film would have centered more on Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) resurrection and fleshed out the Dark Phoenix story-line. After Singer left, taking Harris and Dougherty with him, Matthew Vaughn (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS) signed on to replace him. Vaughn soon realized that Fox wasn't going to give him the time to make the movie that he wanted to make and he decided to step down. Fox, anxious to make their release date, hired Brett Ratner (RUSH HOUR) to take over.

"I might not have killed all those characters, but that's what was so fun about Days of Future Past. We had a joke on set: 'Hey Brian, you're not only directing Days of Future Past -- you're actually living it!' I was going back and making changes in history. [With X-Men: The Last Stand], I don't fault anyone, including myself. It was just that circumstances didn't allow for it to happen."

I've seen all the X-Men movies on Opening day "except for First Class".

I'm not going to miss this one over reviews.

I remember seeing the first X-Men twice on opening day.

I was a member of countingdown.com and the owner of that site sent some members a marketing package for free. That package had a ton of Senator Kelly bumper stickers and campaign buttons. So we held a fake "anti-mutant" protest outside the movie theater and they theater manager let us watch the movie for free. So we went twice in one day!

Many people had a problem with Hugh Jackman becoming bigger than the rest of the team in the first 3 X-Men flicks. Same thing now with JLaw, except she plays a character that many fans don't even associate as an actual team member.

You're confusing comic book Mystique with Movie Mystique. Big difference. She is a founding member of these X-Men.

Edited by BettrFastrStrongr

I concur.

It`s funny. I am going with the same group of people I saw BvS and Civil War with.

They hated BvS and loved Civil War,so it should be interesting to see what the consensus of this X-Men movie will get from them.

I concur.

It`s funny. I am going with the same group of people I saw BvS and Civil War with.

They hated BvS and loved Civil War,so it should be interesting to see what the consensus of this X-Men movie will get from them.

I'm doing the same as you. Same folks, same opinions. BUT SURPRISINGLY, our group has more people for opening day X-men, which is weird. I would have thought BvS or CW would have been more anticipated. Maybe its the season?

I noticed a mistake in the film...

When Quicksilver is playing Ms. Pac-Man, the audio you hear is actually from Pac-Man.

:)

Finally! I can rest easy knowing what was bothering me with that scene.

(:

A prime example of Hollywood creating a story to revolve around a character played by someone with enormous star power. It all translates to lucrative practices, not good story telling.

Btw, JL just annoys me. If Mystique was played by someone else, I would probably be more excited about seeing this film.

A prime example of Hollywood creating a story to revolve around a character played by someone with enormous star power. It all translates to lucrative practices, not good story telling.

Btw, JL just annoys me. If Mystique was played by someone else, I would probably be more excited about seeing this film.

Can't the same be said of the the iron man character/Robert Downey JR and the entire marvel cinematic universe