• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

The budget for X-Men: Apocalypse has been noted as $234 MM by a recent article.

Sydney gets blown up in the new X-Men movie

Based on that, this is the highest budget yet, before inflation adjustment. But it is X-Men: The Last Stand that truly still holds that 'crown' as its 2006 budget of $210 MM is $249.2 MM when adjusted for 2016 USD.

tkRDJYj.png

XLKGBmx.png

2. The only real "flop" is Electra

And Fantastic Four. Edited by Hawkman

Turns out the budget for X-Men: Apocalypse was lower than originally reported.

BOX OFFICE: Early Tracking Numbers For X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Revealed; Will It Beat ALICE To #1 This Weekend?

Early estimates have the Bryan Singer helmed released debuting with around $80 million, though some apparently believe it could go as high as $100 million. Unfortunately, it won't feel the benefit of IMAX screens as Disney's deal with the company means that Alice Through the Looking Glass is going to dominate the giant sized screens this weekend. However, that's only expected to make between $55 million to $60 million, so it looks like X-Men: Apocalypse is definitely going to end up at the #1 spot.

Surprisingly, X-Men: Apocalypse reportedly cost only $178 million to make, 11% less than Days of Future Past. As a result, Fox will more than likely be happy with the movie earning something similar to what that did back in 2014. Based on its overseas debut, things are looking good anyway, so despite the reviews, don't be too shocked if Singer and Simon Kinberg are brought back for the next one.

Based on that...

yrl49wG.png

eN1GrNF.png

The main three in this X-Men franchise reboot are Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto. In this movie universe, it makes sense that Charles would trust her to lead these X-men. Why is that so hard to understand? It fits the story being told. Never understood this jab at the film.

A prime example of Hollywood creating a story to revolve around a character played by someone with enormous star power. It all translates to lucrative practices, not good story telling.

Btw, JL just annoys me. If Mystique was played by someone else, I would probably be more excited about seeing this film.

Can't the same be said of the the iron man character/Robert Downey JR and the entire marvel cinematic universe

Pretty much, but at least Robert Downey is light years ahead of JL in terms of acting skills and likability.

The main three in this X-Men franchise reboot are Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto. In this movie universe, it makes sense that Charles would trust her to lead these X-men. Why is that so hard to understand? It fits the story being told. Never understood this jab at the film.

A prime example of Hollywood creating a story to revolve around a character played by someone with enormous star power. It all translates to lucrative practices, not good story telling.

Btw, JL just annoys me. If Mystique was played by someone else, I would probably be more excited about seeing this film.

Can't the same be said of the the iron man character/Robert Downey JR and the entire marvel cinematic universe

Pretty much, but at least Robert Downey is light years ahead of JL in terms of acting skills and likability.

From raging coke head, to loveable rascal. I think he has redeemed himself, I am just wondering if he is trying too hard or if he really has comes to terms with how he was.

I've stated this before, but what the heck.

Anyone ever notice how many rehabs Disney seems to employ?

5 Reasons You Should Ignore The Critics And See X-MEN: APOCALYPSE This Weekend

5. It's The Most Comic Book Faithful X-Men Movie To Date

4. Apocalypse Is A Great Comic Book Movie Bad Guy

3. It Lays The Groundwork For Big Things To Come

2. There Are Some Awesome Surprises

1. It's Fun

0. Critics are wanna-be movie directors and writers - critiquing is their temporary job (one day, it's going to happen)

tumblr_n65sheRQNt1s0fgqgo2_500.gif

That is complete BS and violates any validity of the rest of the points.

Bryan Singer has never been one for sticking too closely to the source material, and while X-Men: Apocalypse certainly takes plenty of liberties, it's no worse in that respect than either Captain America: Civil War or Deadpool. Sure, Mystique may be a hero in this timeline, but when it comes to the way characters like Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and a number of others are portrayed, it's hard to fault this movie.

That aside though, and the action also feels like it's been torn straight from the pages of the comic books, and while it may have taken him four movies to do so, it finally feels like Singer is embracing the source material in that respect. Despite some very small CGI issues (even Civil War had a case of dodgy screen green to be fair), the final battle between the X-Men and En Sabah Nur should leave a massive smile on the face of any comic book fan, especially as it finally feels like we're seeing THE X-Men fighting alongside each other.

hm

BOXOFFICE Weekend Forecast: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse will mark the third outing for the retooled franchise and should continue the strong run of comic book adaptations in 2016 by leading the box office, marking the eighth weekend out of 22 on the year which the genre has come out on top.

PROS:

• X-Men is a storied franchise with a massive existing fanbase, plus almost $4 billion in worldwide earnings — making it one of the most successful film franchises ever.
  • The last film in the X-Men universe was February’s Deadpool, which proved to be the highest opening and overall grossing film so far.
  • It has been tracking ~50%+ ahead of Days Of Future Past for the majority of its Twitter history as well as posting strong Facebook gains despite its massive ‘like’ base of over 14 million fans.
  • As usual, Fox has done a stellar job marketing the film, especially via social media with a steady blitz of material being offered up over the past 8+ weeks.

CONS:

• Reviews have been very mixed, with its ~56% Rotten Tomatoes score being higher than only X-Men Origins: Wolverine among the nine released films in the franchise.
  • Moviegoers might be beginning to suffer from too much X-Men (and/or comic book adaptations in general) with this being the fourth major release in the genre so far this year.
  • The series is coming off of Days Of Future Past, which is widely regarded as one of the best comic storylines of all time. That’s a hard act to follow, especially when the villain here (and storyline) might not be as easily accessible to non-fans of the franchise.

4-day weekend forecast:

• X-Men: Apocalypse: $82,000,000
  • Alice Through The Looking Glass: $61,000,000
  • The Angry Birds Movie: $23,500,000 (Domestic Total: $74,000,000)
  • Captain America: Civil War: $22,100,000 (Domestic Total: $382,000,000)

wow, really good movie. I was fortunate to get invited to an early showing here at Loewes through a Local comic shop.

In defense of the guy that said X-Men Apocalypse the most like the comics and then he immediately got jumped on by a member here:

It's true.. The movie feels like I was reading an Claremont X-men book or watching the 90's cartoon series. It was very nastalgic to see comic book characters portrayed as they actually were in the 70's or 80's. I'm referring to their personality and powers, and team chemistry..

That's a feeling none of the Disney MCU films have done for me yet..

Disney Marvel movies are like 'Chad' phish heads.. bland and uninspiring.. compared to the 'gypsy wook' in the room who is the X-men movie.

Disney Marvel movies are like 'Chad' phish heads.. bland and uninspiring.. compared to the 'gypsy wook' in the room who is the X-men movie.

That's a compellingly crafted simile, but I don't know what "chad phish heads" or "gypsy wook" mean. :blush:

wow, really good movie. I was fortunate to get invited to an early showing here at Loewes through a Local comic shop.

In defense of the guy that said X-Men Apocalypse the most like the comics and then he immediately got jumped on by a member here:

It's true.. The movie feels like I was reading an Claremont X-men book or watching the 90's cartoon series. It was very nastalgic to see comic book characters portrayed as they actually were in the 70's or 80's. I'm referring to their personality and powers, and team chemistry..

I saw some ads on TV last night and though about that exchange here about it being most like the comics. A few action shots in that ads had me thinking it does look right out of a comic book. Still have to see the movie, though. Interesting how varied the opinions are.

That is complete BS and violates any validity of the rest of the points.

Bryan Singer has never been one for sticking too closely to the source material, and while X-Men: Apocalypse certainly takes plenty of liberties, it's no worse in that respect than either Captain America: Civil War or Deadpool. Sure, Mystique may be a hero in this timeline, but when it comes to the way characters like Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and a number of others are portrayed, it's hard to fault this movie.

That aside though, and the action also feels like it's been torn straight from the pages of the comic books, and while it may have taken him four movies to do so, it finally feels like Singer is embracing the source material in that respect. Despite some very small CGI issues (even Civil War had a case of dodgy screen green to be fair), the final battle between the X-Men and En Sabah Nur should leave a massive smile on the face of any comic book fan, especially as it finally feels like we're seeing THE X-Men fighting alongside each other.

hm

Honestly doubt I'll feel any different after I see it. The statement is totally untrue. It's a BS statement, and everyone knows it. I don't say it to knock the film, I say it because that is what I know to be true. They can spin it, and you can spin it. As close as it gets to the comics? Nowhere near close. No comic film yet has even come close, because azz in seats. And that's Hollywood.

It's a BS statement, and everyone knows it. I don't say it to knock the film, I say it because that is what I know to be true.

Sounds like at least one actual movie attendee disagrees.

And that's not me spinning anything. That's just me reading what people post or reading these articles. I'll have to see for myself if I am in agreement with these statements.

{END OF SPIN ZONE}

(:

Frig your condescending tone, already.

Am I coming across as condescending or just stating how I am viewing it?

You could have easily left out the spin BS and stupid smiley.

Not me to tell anyone how to post, but if your jolly's is to tick me off, congrats.

Frig your condescending tone, already.

Am I coming across as condescending or just stating how I am viewing it?

You could have easily left out the spin BS and stupid smiley.

Not me to tell anyone how to post, but if your jolly's is to tick me off, congrats.

Oh - so when you implied I was spinning something, that was done with the best intentions?

Relax. I was taking it as a laughing moment that you implied I was spinning something. A lot more friendly than you have been playing around with me repeatedly.