• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The First Annual Awficial SNARKY Awards!

28 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]I wanted to call this something along the lines of the Flee Marquette Awards, but that didn't lend itself to prestigious nicknames like Oscar or Emmy, so I've decided to go with a more apropos acronym, the Sarcastically Nuanced Artistically Rendered Karmic Yo-yo award or SNARKY for short.

The goal is simple: mirth and camaraderie. If this comes off without a hitch, maybe we'll have an annual holiday award celebration of snark.

The rules are simple (well, relatively so):

1. All forum produced art, short video and manipulated photographic images is eligible for consideration. This includes re-imagined grammatical gaffs over free clip-art, non-malicious photoshopped impressions of board regulars based upon their postings, etc., all in the spirit of good fun. If there's enough interest, separate categories may be established based upon originality and difficulty for future awards. Right now, it's all inclusive.

2. All submissions must have been first presented on these boards in the past year to be eligible, but keep in mind the newer the concept the fresher it will be in folk's minds. Dec. 24th is the final day for entering.

3. Posting an image in this thread constitutes an entry. Signature line clips and images don't count. Unaltered images and clips taken from other sources don't count. What counts is the final result you produce.

4. No new entries will be accepted after midnight, CST December 24th, ...so get cracking!

5. Based on a consensus of my yet to be determined stone faced team of bored boardies we'll select the five funniest for a one week poll beginning January 1st.

6. At noon CST, January 8th the poll closes and results will be posted shortly thereafter. There will be one winner and four honorable mentions unless there's a tie for first place in which case two SNARKY Award prizes will be issued. Prize(s) to be determined later, but the award will be something special, that I promise.[/font]