• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman posted by hammershipdown

7 posts in this topic

Gal Gadot gets the Role...

Dear DC Universe,

Here is your new Wonder Woman!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/EditJournal.aspx

Keep in mind the video was re-cut to the theme song. After I read the news, I watched FF6 last night and got a slight taste of what we might expect. I'll have to say after much mulling about on the topic, I will have to give her a thumbs up. Considering she is more of an unknown, has the physical experience, is tall enough for movie magic, my only request is that she watch T2 repeatedly and get into Linda Hamilton mode!

As far as the DC Universe in film, yes, WW should be hitting (in my mind) the big screen this summer, followed up with a JLA movie the next year.... The whole Ben Affleck effect, B vs S plan is a little hard "get" .... But what about it DC fans... I'm a novice in your world... How do we feel about all this?

See more journals by hammershipdown

I just read the first 7 pages of the thread, interesting. I'm not familiar with the Fast & Furious films, so this is the first time I've heard of Gal Gadot.

I'm not one to get all worked up over a movie and I try to keep an open mind, but I have not been sure about this movie from the start. Ultimately, I'm indifferent to the Superman/Batman film, maybe I'll be surprised when it actually comes out. I feel that this is Warner Bros. response to Marvel and the Avengers film, I think Superman should have his own trilogy, I liked Man of Steel, and would have liked the sequel to focus more on Superman. I hope the film is not compromised due to setting up itself up for an upcoming Justice League movie.

Going back to the thread, as I was reading, I was reminded of a conversation I had a few months back. My co-workers and I started talking about who would be a good Wonder Woman and we all came up with Katy Perry, we based this solely on looks.

So, to answer your question, as a DC guy, I'm indifferent to this. If this turns out to be good that that will be great. If it's bad, then it's just another movie.

Brandon

And the massive negativity on that thread is why I restrict myself to the journals.

As for the casting. Well, I'll have to wait and see. That's what the movie is for, an opportunity for the actors, directors, and everyone else associated with the production to show me what they can do. Anything else is wasted speculation.

Lee

And the massive negativity on that thread is why I restrict myself to the journals.

I agree completely. I do usually drift over into Comics General, Copper Age, and Modern Age forums, but am seldom satisfied with any thread. Most devolve into name-calling and snide remarks pretty quickly. It's unfortunate that the internet has done nothing to encourage open minds and rational thought. I wouldn't have picked Gal Godot or Ben Affleck for their respective roles, but I can see why the Powers That Be made those decisions.

Ben Affleck was great in Argo as a pensive, serious man doing serious things. I haven't seen a F&F since #2, so I don't have a lot to say about Gal but all the people shouting "too skinny!" really depressed me. What a bunch of malcontents!