• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Dot or no dot, I dont think there is any difference in terms of value. 

True. Supe 1 , Marvel 1 , And possibly Bats 1 have more than 1 printing that’s enough to bug me regardless if I was owner of 1 of 3 ( which I am not ) .....just weird that way.  Still super cool and obviously has shown itself to be a fiscally a beneficial investment. 

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I believe the only exception it seems among collectors or investors is Marvel 1. A true Oct copy would probably sell for more than a Nov copy.

I would agree. Only 80,000 in that initial Oct run compared to 800,000 for the Nov printing.  The Oct printing is special.  

On 1/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I would agree. Only 80,000 in that initial Oct run compared to 800,000 for the Nov printing.  The Oct printing is special.  

Yeah, it's unique in that way.   A genuine first printing succeeded by another with a very noticeable difference.  (and i say that as a guy who foolishly let go of his Oct copy years ago)

I was never big on the "first printing first state" obsession that (non-comic) book collectors have, and it sometimes gets a tad silly when there is talk of an "errata" on page this or that which means it's the earliest off the press.  Generally you're talking about books printed the same week or even the same day and bought by the first buyers at the same time.   If they were numbered as they ran off the press, I am sure comic collectors would place extra value on low numbers.   But it's not how things are done (at least not before now; I realize I may have planted a terrible suggestion in the mind of some DC or Marvel marketing exec to bring into the next gimmick meeting...

Edited by bluechip

35 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

So, bumping this thread. I see Clink just sold an AF 15 7.0 for $85k. I don’t follow those books even though I love Spidey too. Just seems like it’s too easy, I guess. 

Am am I missing the boat? Should I be jumping on one of them? 

Ya Dump your Bat 1 and get a Fantasy 15 sounds like a deal to me :makepoint:eyes.jpg.b1fea97a28df94121ca1b4e1a8f5cfda.jpgLook mom I had 10000000000000 to chose from

That’s funny, woowoo.  Not dumping Bat 1.  But as I look around and wonder what might be of equal value to the world, it’s AF 15 I keep coming back to.  I looked hard at Cap 1, but the value(aka interest)  has been dropping. The mods jumped me for suggesting in another thread the reason for the tanking might be that Cap is just a little too jingoistic, given our current state of affairs.  Spidey seems to be embraced worldwide with fervor equal to Batman. 

I love Bat 1 and it’ll have to be pried from my cold dead fingers.  But I’m looking for that next mountain. I’ve looked at Incredible Hulk 181, and that book seems to have staying power.  Today’s younger generation coming into the hobby guarantees a future there.  Clink has a 9.8 at $36k ending tonight, but I have no personal connection to it.   

AF 15 has a lot of parallels to Bat 1 and that’s what I think and that’s all I’m saying.  And if I can’t share my innermost thoughts with you, my buds, what good are the Boards anyway?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s funny, woowoo.  Not dumping Bat 1.  But as I look around and wonder what might be of equal value to the world, it’s AF 15 I keep coming back to.  I looked hard at Cap 1, but the value(aka interest)  has been dropping. The mods jumped me for suggesting in another thread the reason for the tanking might be that Cap is just a little too jingoistic, given our current state of affairs.  Spidey seems to be embraced worldwide with fervor equal to Batman. 

I love Bat 1 and it’ll have to be pried from my cold dead fingers.  But I’m looking for that next mountain. I’ve looked at Incredible Hulk 181, and that book seems to have staying power.  Today’s younger generation coming into the hobby guarantees a future there.  Clink has a 9.8 at $36k ending tonight, but I have no personal connection to it.   

AF 15 has a lot of parallels to Bat 1 and that’s what I think and that’s all I’m saying.  And if I can’t share my innermost thoughts with you, my buds, what good are the Boards anyway?

pow.jpg.0e8be5d52a33a401bb4b0e58a358b821.jpgyou are my great buddy. I to want a nice grade copy of Fantasy 15. IMO they are way over priced for a

book you can find and chose what style and shape you want (shrug) if you had to sell fast it would have to be at a reduced price they are all over:preach:. The Bat 1 now you can find them BUT unrestored :whatthe:. now put yourbragas21.jpg.7c791415070728719ff0e2e2e108ecf2.jpg   share your thought's all you want

The boards have love for you my friend you are  @GreatCaesarsGhost the Man. I say Detective 38 would go great with your Batman 1:popcorn:

Edited by woowoo

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

pow.jpg.0e8be5d52a33a401bb4b0e58a358b821.jpgyou are my great buddy. I to want a nice grade copy of Fantasy 15. IMO they are way over priced for a

book you can find and chose what style and shape you want (shrug) if you had to sell fast it would have to be at a reduced price they are all over:preach:. The Bat 1 now you can find them BUT unrestored :whatthe:. now put yourbragas21.jpg.7c791415070728719ff0e2e2e108ecf2.jpg   share your thought's all you want

The boards have love for you my friend you are  @GreatCaesarsGhost the Man. I say Detective 38 would go great with your Batman 1:popcorn:

Trunks like that bring tears of joy to my eyes ...

8 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I'm in line with all of your thoughts. As far as an IH 181, a 9.8 would of course be great, but if the goal is to have one I'd go for whatever lower level would be friendlier to your wallet -- either IH 181 or AF 15 would be a saleable book in just about any shape, and while you own a copy of either, you can see how it feels to own this or that blue chip at "level X"; if it's not a keeper for you, put it back on the market. :)

2 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:
7 hours ago, woowoo said:

Trunks like that bring tears of joy to my eyes ...

I thought that was you holding them

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I agree, but tec27 would require a collection reconfiguration Im not prepared to make

You could sell your house and buy Detective 27 would look great with your Batman 1 . @GreatCaesarsGhost You don't need a house since you might be living in the 000000000.thumb.jpg.b952f41774f8a8eda3814706ef09a570.jpg

with the wife after buying that great Batman 1 (worship)

Edited by woowoo

13 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Looking at GPA, I don't see Cap 1 tanking.  I don't see a ton of sales, either.  It's my feeling a decent, unrestored copy would be a solid investment.