• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, storypapers said:

Good guess.....but 4.0  OWP...even though I can't see how not OW/WP.....I like the Kane note and signature in the back too ;)

You wuz robbed on the PQ

now . . . Show us the slab!

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

14 minutes ago, storypapers said:

You are no doubt correct! ;)

51 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Your book looks like it was the top book on a stack that was held together by a piece of twine

0F565594-3E28-4C55-82BC-5F5FA69EE80B.jpeg

I prefer to think of that as a "kid folded it up in back pocket" crease...

I wish I was in this club.  If I could only have convinced my dad to part with $1K for a solid vf copy back in 1982, I would be!  

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

I remember when this was first found.   Friend of Bob Kane's had folded it to keep it in a safe deposit box.

Really??? That is crazy!  LOL....I'd like to just take a black magic marker and red...to fill in...would that little amount qualify for a Blue label with words "slight color touch up." :roflmao:
I saw a Det. 27 marked that way....I was curious...as the Blue label vs Purple value was probably $150,000 difference!  Guess who ya know ;)

3 hours ago, storypapers said:

Really??? That is crazy!  LOL....I'd like to just take a black magic marker and red...to fill in...would that little amount qualify for a Blue label with words "slight color touch up." :roflmao:
I saw a Det. 27 marked that way....I was curious...as the Blue label vs Purple value was probably $150,000 difference!  Guess who ya know ;)

A listened in on a conversation once at a booth that was apparently continuing an intense discussion online regarding a book with a pen mark that looked like it could have been either a careless attempt at color touch or somebody dropped a pen on the book.  Same pen mark, either way, but tens of thousands of difference in value rode on the determination of what the book's former owner was thinking when it occurred.

Edited by bluechip

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

A listened in on a conversation once at a booth that was apparently continuing an intense discussion online regarding a book with a pen mark that looked like it could have been either a careless attempt at color touch or somebody dropped a pen on the book.  Same pen mark, either way, but tens of thousands of difference in value rode on the determination of what the book's former owner was thinking when it occurred.

Yep...its ridiculous...but hey we are not in charge ;):tonofbricks: