• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

There is also increased competition for "entry level"  copies of major keys. Some collectors pay a premium just to add one to their collection, irrespective of price per point given the steep cost of an upgrade. A 1.0 jumps up to $46k and the last 0.5 incomplete went for $22.8k, missing the back cover. This sale is reasonable in line with that, and suggests the left tail of the distribution is just as hot as the middle. 

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Time for a thread bump.

Tec 168 prices have been soaring. If Jokers origin is doing this, shouldn’t there be a similar uptick of interest for Jokers first appearance? 

or has it happened already and I just missed it?

sure, but the price point for a Bat 1 has most people out of that game so the next best thing that are miles cheaper are Joker covers and the Tec 168 Origin...

8 minutes ago, Primetime said:
2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Time for a thread bump.

Tec 168 prices have been soaring. If Jokers origin is doing this, shouldn’t there be a similar uptick of interest for Jokers first appearance? 

sure, but the price point for a Bat 1 has most people out of that game so the next best thing that are miles cheaper are Joker covers and the Tec 168 Origin...

(thumbsu

4 hours ago, Primetime said:
7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Time for a thread bump.

Although that won't stop collectors from trying, even if that means restored. The 'cool' factor lies in Batman 1.

Edited by Gotham Kid

12 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Time for a thread bump.

(shrug)

Maxwell-Smart.jpg

15 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

They are?  I haven't noticed this to be the case and the 5.0 selling on ComicLink last night didn't support this either.

Edited by dem1138

46 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

They are?  I haven't noticed this to be the case and the 5.0 selling on ComicLink last night didn't support this either.

Your experiences are different from mine.  A year ago, I passed on a 8.0 for not that much more than Clink's 5.0. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

57 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Your experiences are different from mine.  A year ago, I passed on a 8.0 for not that much more than Clink's 5.0. 

Prices were there a year ago (at least) - very sorry that you passed on an 8.0 for that because even then that was an absolute steal!