• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Of course it's real...........can't you see from the botton that it is the 1940 copy and not some worthless reprint?  lol

Large print variant as well.  :cloud9:

Yes, but the real question is................is it the one with the dot or the HTF variant edition one without the dot?  :whistle:

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think the dot came second. I have No data to back that up. That’s my hunch. 

I got into this discussion previously, and I think the prevailing wisdom here on the boards was the “.no dot” version came first, and had a much smaller print run than the subsequent “dot” version

12 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Makes the most sense to me. They saw the first print run reading “ no one “ ( No 1 ) and corrected it. More than 1 print run  of Supes 1 , MC 1, and Bats 1 sure do bug me for some reason 

Right. But in trying to fix the “no dot”, the printer put it in the wrong place, and DC must at that point have said “oh, just screw it some things aren’t meant to be”.

this was the prevailing view of the board last time this controversy came up

17 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Makes the most sense to me. They saw the first print run reading “ no one “ ( No 1 ) and corrected it. More than 1 print run  of Supes 1 , MC 1, and Bats 1 sure do bug me for some reason 

If they saw the error (the missing dot) and stopped the printer to correct it, wouldnt they have bothered to at least place the dot correctly?

I find it unlikely that they should stop the print run just to replace one error (missing dot) with another error (misplaced dot).

11 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

$78,000 for a Universal 1.5 in tonight's Heritage auction.

LINK

I guess that's where this book is now?

This book was a $50k PPP book Before the corona, but stumbled a bit in the last few months. If a book that looks like this goes for $78k, I guess it’s back in the saddle

12EA6C42-0CBD-4734-B0EE-119D3165C269.jpeg

DF47F64F-5226-47B3-8BE8-A462AD50DA9A.jpeg