• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Less than an hour to go and currently at $89K. 

The 4.0 Bat 1 on eBay looks really nice to me and is asking $155K. Was $145K until the Bat 1 1.5 on Heritage sold last week for $78K.

Bat 1 My Comic Shop

I sent a question about the book to the eBay seller and although he responded, he didn’t answer my question. I asked again and never got a second response (I wanted to know if the staples were rusty)

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

26 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I sent a question about the book to the eBay seller and although he responded, he didn’t answer my question. I asked again and never got a second response (I wanted to know if the staples were rusty)

I'm familiar with Neko because he's based in SoCal.  From my experiences, he has the books he's selling on eBay.  If you want to contact him, he's responsive to texts and you can PM me for his number.  That copy might be faded so you might want to ask for additional pictures - he's usually responsive and provides additional pictures if he thinks you're a legit buyer.  

I have not completed any deals with him so cant speak beyond the above.

14 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

he's usually responsive and provides additional pictures if he thinks you're a legit buyer.  

I guess I didn’t make the cut, in his eyes. He actually did send addl pictures but didn’t deny the issue of rust, which was the question. So I guess when I asked again(the new pics did not answer my question), I got relegated to the scrap heap.  Whatever the reason, it soured my enthusiasm on his book. And watching what happened to the Mycomicshop’s 4.0 all but killed it.

But thanks. I think I’ll take a seat for awhile and see what happens to the GA market

41 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I guess I didn’t make the cut, in his eyes. He actually did send addl pictures but didn’t deny the issue of rust, which was the question. So I guess when I asked again(the new pics did not answer my question), I got relegated to the scrap heap.  Whatever the reason, it soured my enthusiasm on his book. And watching what happened to the Mycomicshop’s 4.0 all but killed it.

But thanks. I think I’ll take a seat for awhile and see what happens to the GA market

Is this the book in the 1993 vid posted here in the boards ?  Is Neko his real name ? 

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Is this the book in the 1993 vid posted here in the boards ?  Is Neko his real name ? 

No the one fischler was holding is the one that mycomicshop sold today. It was easily identifiable by the writing on the back

5CEC0B60-C888-4F4F-9D22-7B41CBE9BBB5.jpeg

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

No the one fischler was holding is the one that mycomicshop sold today. It was easily identifiable by the writing on the back

5CEC0B60-C888-4F4F-9D22-7B41CBE9BBB5.jpeg

so cool !

6 hours ago, lhcomics said:

The 4.0 Bat 1 on eBay looks really nice to me

I'm with you Leroy. Plus after having seen the 1993 video posted in this thread, I would have wanted it even more.

16 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Book also has a lot of color touch removal.  May be what's driving more bidders from bidding.

16 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

How do we go from $78k for a1.5 just a few days ago to this?

Maybe the market is finally realizing these are manipulated books, especially when it is so obvious to the naked eye.  Just treat that hammer like a restored price and it makes sense.  

Also perhaps mycomicshop not the right venue for a Batman 1...

16 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Book also has a lot of color touch removal.  May be what's driving more bidders from bidding.

Are you looking at the bottom of the back cover? Is that where you suspect the removal?

44FF18E9-5F64-4D3C-BDDB-9226A2EFDBC2.jpeg

3C048416-876D-4961-964D-6847C455172D.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mwotka said:

Maybe the market is finally realizing these are manipulated books, especially when it is so obvious to the naked eye.  Just treat that hammer like a restored price and it makes sense.  

The book didn’t jump out at me as a manipulated book, but maybe so and maybe that’s why

2 hours ago, mwotka said:

Choice of venue = bad decision

Choice of no reserve format = bad decision

Choice to sell during Corona-dip = bad decision.

Auctions are always vulnerable to ups, downs and unpredictable bidders.

The 1.5 was OW-W vs. the 4.0 OW. Not that the PQ justifies the gap in pricing here.

I don't think the 1.5 was an amazing looking 1.5, but there are a number of 4.0's in my archive that present better than this one did.