• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, lou_fine said:

Oh yes, that's the part which I forgot to mentioned in my rather long-winded previous post about CGC's sometimes convoluted grading system.  

I thought a book that has a detached centerfold or a detached cover simply receives the regular label (i.e. not a Qualified label) with a note that states the centerfold or cover is detached and I assume this defect is then simply factored into the final grade of the book.  A perfect example of this would be the Cap 3 in the upcoming Heritage Auction here:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F2%2F4%2F2%2F4%2F22424395%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Doesn't receive the Qualified label, but gets the Pedigree Label with the note on the label stating that the centerfold is detached.  hm

Totally confusing to me how CGC seems to go all over the place sometimes with their definitions and label colors.  ???  ???

love the March 26th arrival date. (thumbsu

11 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I cannot believe it! Just picked this up. It had been months since I’d last scoured the Bay, and I stumble upon this in the first 2 minutes of my foray?  

It was being sold in the old fashioned auction format with only 20 minutes left, and the last minute was intense with bidding activity.  Although this was apparently a 10 day auction I’d stumbled upon, there were still 11 bids in the last 2 minutes. Reminded me of the good old days when eBay was still eBay.

this is the actual page that introduced the world to one of its most famous villains! And it’s now mine. Mine, I tells ya. MINE!

I’m so excited I’m gonna post this somewhere else

41802182-4F16-4509-ACF3-7B5491C258D9.thumb.jpeg.d45f41bff7945a1f3de26bbabbb97a51.jpeg3EC541C5-982F-4DE0-A3CF-5A3E7B60BF8F.thumb.jpeg.87ec7910d99da0123a6d22e0ed64d006.jpeg

044AC28B-854E-49A0-8711-38593E29C10F.png

Don’t you have a Bats 1 complete already ?

8 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I cannot believe it! Just picked this up. It had been months since I’d last scoured the Bay, and I stumble upon this in the first 2 minutes of my foray?  

It was being sold in the old fashioned auction format with only 20 minutes left, and the last minute was intense with bidding activity.  Although this was apparently a 10 day auction I’d stumbled upon, there were still 11 bids in the last 2 minutes. Reminded me of the good old days when eBay was still eBay.

this is the actual page that introduced the world to one of its most famous villains! And it’s now mine. Mine, I tells ya. MINE!

41802182-4F16-4509-ACF3-7B5491C258D9.thumb.jpeg.d45f41bff7945a1f3de26bbabbb97a51.jpeg3EC541C5-982F-4DE0-A3CF-5A3E7B60BF8F.thumb.jpeg.87ec7910d99da0123a6d22e0ed64d006.jpeg

:whee::ohnoez::golfclap:

8 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Wow thats so cool, I was the one who snagged the other Batman 1 page he was selling last night. I'll post a scan when I get it.  Not bad for 849.00, I thought it would go for around 1,200 - 1,500.  Now I feel the need to get a Captain America 1 page and a Superman 1 page if I ever see one.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Professor Chaos

6 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was the underbidder on your page, which is a great page. I’m a sucker for the final page, when the caper is wrapped up, with a promise of future hijinks

Yeah me too. Your page though is the actual first appearance of Joker, which is just cooler than cool.

53 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Yeah me too. Your page though is the actual first appearance of Joker, which is just cooler than cool.

45 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I saw a supe 1 page somewhere yesterday. I think heritage 

Congratulations to both of you guys! 

Really cool pieces of comic history.  I've never bought pages before,  but you guys are inspiring me!  

Buying pages will be my only real chance to own some of these true grails of our hobby. 

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Congratulations to both of you guys! 

Really cool pieces of comic history.  I've never bought pages before,  but you guys are inspiring me!  

Buying pages will be my only real chance to own some of these true grails of our hobby. 

Thanks. I hope it doesnt seem like I'm muscling in on Great Caesars Ghosts post, I came to the thread to see if anyone mentioned last nights auction and sure enough there was the other Batman 1 page. Cool how 2 members won them. 

I've never bought a page either although I got outbid on a Cap 1 page a few months ago. 

Pages 1 and 5 battle for the top spot for Action #1, whereas for Batman #1, IMO this is clearly the top page (with the Batman origin page #1 a very worthy runner up).

It will be interesting to see if this one can beat the last sale price for page #2; as the seller (fellow boardie) notes, The last public sale of this page was for $5,977 in a Comic Connect auction last December (you can see this result on GPAnalysis), and that example had quite a bit of tape on it (the one offered here in this auction is in much nicer shape).

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I just pooped my pants yet again.  Staggering price.

Beauty of a splash page. Certainly hope it beats the 6K sale from 2019, at comic connect. First printed picture of the joker and it kick one  to boot From Bats 1.  

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Beauty of a splash page. Certainly hope it beats the 6K sale from 2019, at comic connect. First printed picture of the joker and it kick one  to boot From Bats 1.  

Its gonna be quite a competition at the end. 46 bids with 3 days left. It will most likely pass 6k.