• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

why would you spend 6K on a single page when you can get a complete restored low grade copy for like 20-25K (shrug)

I don’t disagree, but will point out that I like seeing 16 panels of action on a page, as opposed to 1 panel, albeit bigger, on the cover. For me, I get more of a feel of the action going on inside the book

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Maybe someone doesn’t have 20k but they have 6 k 

Or someone who has a complete slabbed copy, but wants to have a slabbed page to go with it that shows what the best page in the book looks like; it would make for a pretty cool display piece for a fraction of the price (although still not cheap, ha ha)

1 hour ago, Superman2006 said:

Or someone who has a complete slabbed copy, but wants to have a slabbed page to go with it that shows what the best page in the book looks like; it would make for a pretty cool display piece for a fraction of the price (although still not cheap, ha ha)

This

7 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Another book I almost picked up from Jim Payette’s years ago , finally heritage offered when it didn’t sell at auction . A keeper for me love seeing Batman and Robin swinging into auction

21ABA8E6-1394-4992-84C0-C1AEAA5E4C4B.jpeg

awesome ! love it.

Lot of offers on it during the year.

$153,000 on July 19, 2020
$152,000 on July 15, 2020
$150,000 on July 10, 2020
$142,800 on March 5, 2020
$136,000 on January 25, 2020
$135,000 on January 22, 2020
$134,400 on January 8, 2020
$128,000 on January 5, 2020

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

awesome ! love it.

Lot of offers on it during the year.

$153,000 on July 19, 2020
$152,000 on July 15, 2020
$150,000 on July 10, 2020
$142,800 on March 5, 2020
$136,000 on January 25, 2020
$135,000 on January 22, 2020
$134,400 on January 8, 2020
$128,000 on January 5, 2020

Again, your intel is impressive, @Gotham Kid

im not surprised the book garnered strong offers. The only thing done to it was “cover cleaned”??!!. 

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Again, your intel is impressive, @Gotham Kid

im not surprised the book garnered strong offers. The only thing done to it was “cover cleaned”??!!. 

I have long admired this book on Heritage. Yes. Cover Cleaned. Gets a PLOD and becomes "affordable. In my mind, I could certainly deal with this. Plus, to me, it looks undergraded.

Jim Payette’s split the Denver Pedigree with another prominent dealer  he had the Denver copy and sold it soon after . I bought a number of the Denver’s But missed this one by about a week and Jim great dealer that he is offered to get it back for me .I wished I had acted then would have saved me thousands and the ill advised attempt to remove the sun shadow on right cover edge. It was still in its untouched state but had a slight sun shadow to right edge that the collector investor that bought it tried to have removed , unsuccessfully . It’s otherwise untouched for me I don’t care if it’s in a purple or conserved case , it’s a great looking copy great color and sharp edges as good as I will find . 

7 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

I am wondering how much Superman 1, Page 1 goes for in comparison, especially since the origin story is different than what was in Action 1.

Anything is possible, but since it isn't the first Superman origin story in Supes #1, I don't think it approaches this Batman #1 page which provides the first image of the Joker, on an iconic looking splash page, IMHO.

10 hours ago, Superman2006 said:

Anything is possible, but since it isn't the first Superman origin story in Supes #1, I don't think it approaches this Batman #1 page which provides the first image of the Joker, on an iconic looking splash page, IMHO.

100% agree! 

Someone explain this please.

Bat 1 CGC 2.5 Heritage auction on Sept 10 2020 sold for $102K and then resold by the make offer to owner for $132K on Sept 16. Now is available again with make an offer for $172K.

Is it that easy to buy mega keys and resell without ever having Heritage send anyone the comic???

GPA only shows the $102K sale.