• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

I can appreciate the various habits and needs of any collector.  Ink, paper, a couple of staples equates to a freebie or a few Million.  I saw a younger looking collector post a 2.0 Batman 1 on Facebook.  Says it was an upgrade from his 1.5...  Anyone else see this?

43 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

I can appreciate the various habits and needs of any collector.  Ink, paper, a couple of staples equates to a freebie or a few Million.  I saw a younger looking collector post a 2.0 Batman 1 on Facebook.  Says it was an upgrade from his 1.5...  Anyone else see this?

I avoid social media, so I didn’t see it. What was his price?

1 hour ago, Chief1332 said:

this is the 2.0

Capture.PNG.e9936fd5d43b2f0fe2faf267c5f08698.PNG

Night and day diff between his former 1.5

22 hours ago, thedude said:

That would be a market changer for sure. I'll throw my guess out there, why not. I'll guess a little more conservatively at $43k.

Collectibles of far lesser notoriety have exploded in value.

This is arguably the most popular character in comics, issue No. 1, with the first 2 appearances of the Joker.

50k may seem ambitious, but I would not be at all surprised to see it reach that or more.

3 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

This is arguably the most popular character in comics, issue No. 1, with the first 2 appearances of the Joker.

50k may seem ambitious, but I would not be at all surprised to see it reach that or more.

I don't disagree with you, I think Batman #1 is a fantastic book, just not sure if all the recent exuberance has spilled over into GA books, seems to mostly be Silver, some bronze and 9.8 moderns. It's just a guesstimate, we shall see soon.

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would also say a night and day difference between that lower graded Bat 1 and this slightly higher graded Action 1:  :p  :fear:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Action Comics #1 (DC, 1938) CGC GD+ 2.5 Cream to off-white pages. The comic that officially launched the Golden Age rightful...

The difference of grade between these two books is just astounding. I thought they graded books following generic criteria. This indicate they dont.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

This book was graded at the start of CGC sure today it would grade diff like this.

Action 1 cgc 1.5.jpg

I like the fact that the full cover image is undamaged, yes better condition on the bottom, I would take the top everyday over however

8 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I like the fact that the full cover image is undamaged, yes better condition on the bottom, I would take the top everyday over however

If I was the owner of the front cover with clipped logo I would place it over this cover so it all lined up and looked complete in mylar.  No need to glue it down or anything.  Just lay it on top.  

Edited by bluechip

16 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:
23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would also say a night and day difference between that lower graded Bat 1 and this slightly higher graded Action 1:  :p  :fear:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Action Comics #1 (DC, 1938) CGC GD+ 2.5 Cream to off-white pages. The comic that officially launched the Golden Age rightful...

Expand  

The difference of grade between these two books is just astounding. I thought they graded books following generic criteria. This indicate they dont.

11 hours ago, woowoo said:

This book was graded at the start of CGC sure today it would grade diff like this.

I believe you wouldn't have to wait that long as I believe that this was the copy of Action 1 where Borock stated that he had overgraded it after all of the complaints when the collecting public saw this book.  :facepalm:

On 3/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, thedude said:
On 3/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

.......just not sure if all the recent exuberance has spilled over into GA books, seems to mostly be Silver, some bronze and 9.8 moderns.

Yes, this is clearly the case as we have seen with sports cards and the total irrationality that has taken hold on the non-fungible tokens marketplace.  :screwy:

Although there is probably some spillover into the GA comic book marketplace, it would not appear to be what's taking place with the BA and CA high grade books because these kinds of books are readily available for speculators to buy and resell back out.  This kind of turnover and dynamics are simply not there with the GA books due to their lack of supply and hence the current generation of CGC flippers and day traders are simply not as interested in the GA books because to hold onto a book for even a few months is probably like a lifetime prison term to them.  lol

Edited by lou_fine