• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

You'd be surprised. I bet there are dozens of boardies that own a bat 1 (or more than one)

With blue 3.0ish copies currently sniffing 50K a pop. I would not hesitate to call it offending to own MORE than one copy of Bat1. This book is not for hoarding.

only pic I could quickly find....most Ive owned at one time recently was 5...here are 3...

batsandwhiz.jpg

You'd be surprised. I bet there are dozens of boardies that own a bat 1 (or more than one)

With blue 3.0ish copies currently sniffing 50K a pop. I would not hesitate to call it offending to own MORE than one copy of Bat1. This book is not for hoarding.

only pic I could quickly find....most Ive owned at one time recently was 5...here are 3...

batsandwhiz.jpg

Leave it to you to make Batman #1 seem more like Spawn #1. :sumo:

Somewhere , i hope, in photobucket I have a group pic of my 8.0 blue,5.0 blue , 4.0 blue, 3.5 blue and 8.5 mp

That's the "money shot"... I know it was on old (now defunct computer). I only hope I uploaded it to photobucket :wishluck:

Comic Connect auctioned off a 3.0 last night with off white/white pages for $35,500 but cover was grainy/stains.

i took a little run on that one too, but it was lacking in eye appeal

so you would gladly pay for for a lesser than 3.0 grade copy if superior eye appeal was present..? :)

Comic Connect auctioned off a 3.0 last night with off white/white pages for $35,500 but cover was grainy/stains.

so you would gladly pay for for a lesser than 3.0 grade copy if superior eye appeal was present..? :)

i would

i would

That seems to be the popular, perhaps wiser, trend especially with CGC books. Then again, you would pay for any darn good lookin batty 1 :). How's the Arizona sun?

i would

That seems to be the popular, perhaps wiser, trend especially with CGC books. Then again, you would pay for any darn good lookin batty 1 :). How's the Arizona sun?

It was nice. I was there just last night and until about noon today. Back in Philly, but heading to Cancun (Riviera Maya) tomorrow for some real fun in the sun. And some relaxation

i would

It was nice. I was there just last night and until about noon today. Back in Philly, but heading to Cancun (Riviera Maya) tomorrow for some real fun in the sun. And some relaxation

enjoy it Bill!

Alas, I have no Batman 1 anymore. Got my first one, a Good-, at a Creation Con for the then astronomical sum of $600 back in the 70's. Wish I had a shot of it. The black border copy was in 2007 and the stained copy was in 1995. Highly unlikely I'll be able to afford another one again :sorry:

DCGOLDbatman01_zpsf5e7a30b.jpg

Batman1usedtohave_zps84083765.png

Jerry Robinson copy purchased in 2012 from All Star Auctions. The spine is completely split, but I love it. Jerry Robinson had three copies, and GAtor got the best copy as usual. I'm going to keep this until I die or go senile, whichever comes first.

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Batman1Page1JerryRobinsonAuto.jpg

Jerry Robinson copy purchased in 2012 from All Star Auctions. The spine is completely split, but I love it. Jerry Robinson had three copies, and GAtor got the best copy as usual. I'm going to keep this until I die or go senile, whichever comes first.

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Batman1Page1JerryRobinsonAuto.jpg

I've held ray's copy in hand and its a great piece of Robinson history :)

Alas, I have no Batman 1 anymore. Got my first one, a Good-, at a Creation Con for the then astronomical sum of $600 back in the 70's. Wish I had a shot of it. The black border copy was in 2007 and the stained copy was in 1995. Highly unlikely I'll be able to afford another one again :sorry:

DCGOLDbatman01_zpsf5e7a30b.jpg

Batman1usedtohave_zps84083765.png

you can afford another copy :baiting:

Ok, here's my current (and second copy I've ever owned) copy. There's a story behind every book and here it is as I was told:

Mary was given 3 comics. She stored them at her parents house. She just discovered that one of the 3 comics was an original Batman #1 from 1940...Mary was a young (20 yrs?) lady traveling in Alaska. A male aquaintance asked her if she liked magazines. She said yes and he gave her 3 comic books. Batman # 1, Fight Comics #5 and Jumbo Comics #15 (all around same time period). Mary took back home to Washington state and stored them away. When going through her parents estate 40 years later she rediscovered the comics. After CGC and stopping briefly through two dealers, I acquired the book :)

1AE10CFF-1536-42E0-B831-E301FDD16659_zpsgigajyew.jpg

:o 35K ...

Linky ?

Linky ?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=523905

Linky ?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=523905

If the eye appeal had been better I would have gone 40-45+ on it. Not all 3.0s are created equal

Paid $400 for this about 2 1/2 years ago and no I did not rip anyone off.

It's a lengthy story if anyone wants to hear about it.

.5 incomplete no back cover. FC detached. Interior very solid and all pages securely attached.

mybat1.jpg

mybat1fc.jpg

mybat1bc.jpg

Paid $400 for this about 2 1/2 years ago and no I did not rip anyone off.

It's a lengthy story if anyone wants to hear about it.

.5 incomplete no back cover. FC detached. Interior very solid and all pages securely attached.

mybat1.jpg

mybat1fc.jpg

mybat1bc.jpg

Wow smoking deal on your Bats 1 :o Congrats! (worship)

Edited by Dark Knight