• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

Think the seller is right that the lower left corner is the result of rat or insect damage? Looks more like the effects of the pages being brittle. hm

That was the same copy on ComicConnect from a few years ago.

A brittle book. But certainly a more affordable copy that at least presents somewhat well. 2c

There is only so much Kenny or anyone else can do if the pages are that far gone. I would be afraid even having the book shipped.

+1. Also, with the book missing so many pieces, it would most likely require a ton of leaf casting and color touch.

Edited by kinzebac

So what's FMV on the Bat #1 CGC 9.0 MP on eBay? A 9.2 B5 sold for $47,500 a few months ago, so I'm thinking maybe 40K?

The only data point on GPA that's throwing things out of whack is a 7.5 EP that apparently sold for 60K in July. Seems really high.

I sold one with slight to moderate resto for 10K that later got slabbed as a slight or mod 9.2 Wanted to hang onto it but experts said that's as high as a restored bat 1 would ever go and I should worry it might even drop.

Edited by bluechip

should be interesting to see where this ends up.

Batman #1

That is one horrible, gnarly, hot mess of a Batman 1

will probably still go for a hot 8 to 10k

and that would be a waste of good money for crumbling paper that used to be Bat 1

agreed but folks are desperate for copies of GA keys.

There is only so much Kenny or anyone else can do if the pages are that far gone. I would be afraid even having the book shipped.

I don't know, did you see what Kenny did with the MC#1, Tec#35 and MF#52 in the leaf casting thread? Those pages looked like brown rice crackers and he was able to bring them back to life.

When the buyer gets this in the mail there's going to be a heck of a lot more pieces in the well.

Those are just rat chews! Rat chews, I tell you! :D

Well.... that invisible rat is going to keep chewing for a while.

CGC needs to devise a way to drain the chips and dust out of the case.

Alton

Do you still have your Bat #1? If so :acclaim: If not :makepoint:

Remember when I had mine at Cincy Con priced so it wouldn't sell. Now it would probably bring 2x that.

Leroy

yes Leroy, still have mine, and your right, you had yours priced high that year, but I still was serious about buying it at that price, cuz I knew with Action 1, Tec 27 and Supes 1 out of reach for most collectors, that Batman #1 would be next. :grin: