• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

If this is the same copy I saw in Baltimore it looks really nice now (relative to pgx graded)

This is the same copy from Baltimore after a little love from Matt taking out a spine roll it turned out looking super sharp. No tape nonsense, no water stains, white pages and no rusty staples. :cloud9:

cleaned up great

If this is the same copy I saw in Baltimore it looks really nice now (relative to pgx graded)

This is the same copy from Baltimore after a little love from Matt taking out a spine roll it turned out looking super sharp. No tape nonsense, no water stains, white pages and no rusty staples. :cloud9:

If you know, did the pressing further contribute to the spine splitting?

There was a concern of that initially, but it didn't due to the quality of the paper and staples, and care Matt takes in his work.

There was a concern of that initially, but it didn't due to the quality of the paper and staples, and care Matt takes in his work.

Copy, thanks. (thumbs u

Beautiful looking 2.5. Even at the price I was tempted but knew something major had to be wrong for a comic that looks 4.5/5.0 to grade 2.5

Has 6" spine split at top and 2.5" at bottom. Loose from top staple and attached at bottom staple.

That barely leaves 2" of spine that is not split.

Still a stunner of a comic and should bring close to seller asking price. Would not surprise me if it sold for the asking price either. I would be all over it if price was $40K but then so would a lot of people.

Bat 1

Sold. Congrats to buyer and seller. :applause:

How many unrestored Bat 1's even exist? My guess would be 500 range. Even if 1000 exist that is still low supply.

Forget the comic community on this and a few other comics from this period. I feel a lot of people/investors outside comic collectors will continue to see these core group of key low supply comics as a solid investment causing prices to escalate monthly instead of yearly.

In 5 years I bet any Bat 1 .5-1.8 with nice eye appeal will be $50K minimum.

Beautiful looking 2.5. Even at the price I was tempted but knew something major had to be wrong for a comic that looks 4.5/5.0 to grade 2.5

Has 6" spine split at top and 2.5" at bottom. Loose from top staple and attached at bottom staple.

Still a stunner of a comic and should bring close to seller asking price. Would not surprise me if it sold for the asking price either. I would be all over it if price was $40K but then so would a lot of people.

Bat 1

How many unrestored Bat 1's even exist? My guess would be 500 range. Even if 1000 exist that is still low supply.

Forget the comic community on this and a few other comics from this period. I feel a lot of people/investors outside comic collectors will continue to see these core group of key low supply comics as a solid investment causing prices to escalate monthly instead of yearly.

Looking at your sig line, you certainly appear to have most of the bases covered. :baiting:

-J.

Bat 1

back in the day, Overstreet estimated 250+ copies existed. The current CGC census says 221 total w/ 90 blue label copies. I've always thought it was safe to think there are at least the same amount of raw copies out there as total CGC copies..so 400-500 total copies on the planet at the very least.

Looking at your sig line, you certainly appear to have most of the bases covered. :baiting:

-J.

Thanks but I really don't count the Det 33, 35 or 37 to be in this group. These are comics that I believe require a fanboy like us to appreciate and spend silly amounts on.

Yes on my Cap 1, Bat 1 and Det 31.

Forget Action 1 and Det 27 those are on another planet and IMO have less room to go up in value.

Some examples of what I'm talking about are unrestored low grade Superman 1, Action 7, Bat 1, Cap 1, Det 31, All-Star 8 etc.

-J.

Thanks but I really don't count the Det 33, 35 or 37 to be in this group. These are comics that I believe require a fanboy like us to appreciate and spend silly amounts on.

Forget Action 1 and Det 27 those are on another planet and IMO have less room to go up in value.

Some examples of what I'm talking about are unrestored low grade Superman 1, Action 7, Bat 1, Cap 1, Det 31, All-Star 8 etc.

Bats origin. Most influential hero origin story in the history of comics. :sumo:

-J.

-J.

Less room to increase in value? That's a matter of selective statistical analysis. With Action 1 and tec 27 already worth millions, you're really talking about the possible % increase. But, to your net worth, a small 3 or 4% increase is 100K... It's a negligible % increase perhaps but still 100K , whereas the lower valued books have to double in value, or increase say 30-50% to net the same increase in dollars...

Feels like the upside is still on the big boys...even at their current values.

Edited by aman619

so, lower than expected, higher than expected or right in line with current market value? (shrug)

Batman #1 CGC 1.0 Slight (A) slightly brittle.

I was expecting $20k+. It used to belong raw to a board member. If they want, they can expand on the details of the condition before it was slabbed. Doesn't look like a bad book eye appeal wise (except for the piece out lower left)

Not sure there would be any of the spine left. It seems like there is a lot of glue. You might get it into a .5 blue as i think you would lose your whole spine and have a three piece book. Not worth it imo.

James G