• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

It's been over a full calendar year, this thread needs a serious :bump:.

On July 12th, a CRM/OW coverless copy of Batman #1 sold for $14,279.32.

LINK

I remember coverless copies being available for 3K back 10-15 years ago. Times are changing.

My friend bought that. He’s pretty happy owning a Batman 1, but definitely a hefty price tag for a coverless copy. He saved a little money paying with a check so paid about $13,800.

7 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

My friend bought that. He’s pretty happy owning a Batman 1, but definitely a hefty price tag for a coverless copy. He saved a little money paying with a check so paid about $13,800.

14k for a coverless has got to be a record.  Extra fuel for the cap 1/ bat 1 debate 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

14k for a coverless has got to be a record.  Extra fuel for the cap 1/ bat 1 debate 

I believe it is a GPA record, with standard CR/OW pages to boot. Nice looking copy but nothing out of this world.

As time goes on, I suspect Batman #1 will pull further away from Cap #1 and grow closer to Superman #1 than many would expect.

7 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I believe it is a GPA record, with standard CR/OW pages to boot. Nice looking copy but nothing out of this world.

As time goes on, I suspect Batman #1 will pull further away from Cap #1 and grow closer to Superman #1 than many would expect.

well, there is a Joker movie (or two) on the way. :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

So we’re probably 1-2 years away from coverless Batman #1s hitting $20,000.

So do you think Superman #1 has finally hit that threshold? It is third in line to Action 1 and Tec 27.

10 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

So do you think Superman #1 has finally hit that threshold? It is third in line to Action 1 and Tec 27.

20,000 without the cover for a bunch of reprints (basically ). Not for me anyway.  I’ve said this many times on the boards that although I appreciate Supes 1 and Bats 1 for their cover art, historical significance , and in Bats case the introduction of The Joker , I would oersjnsnakky have other books ahead of them in the top 5 dropping them to the Top 10 

19 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

20,000 without the cover for a bunch of reprints (basically ). Not for me anyway.  I’ve said this many times on the boards that although I appreciate Supes 1 and Bats 1 for their cover art, historical significance , and in Bats case the introduction of The Joker , I would oersjnsnakky have other books ahead of them in the top 5 dropping them to the Top 10 

Be that as it may and I definitely respect your opinion, it still is the 3rd biggest book in the world for what it sells for and next in line to break $20K. After coverless Action 1's and Tec 27's did it God knows how many years ago now.

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Be that as it may and I definitely respect your opinion, it still is the 3rd biggest book in the world for what it sells for and next in line to break $20K. After coverless Action 1's and Tec 27's did it God knows how many years ago now.

No doubt that I am in the minority pertaining to both these books (and I understand how the scarcity of Supes 1 plays into the equation) I personally have never had a desire to own either book is what I was trying to get across not that I doubt what the market commands on either

36 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

No doubt that I am in the minority pertaining to both these books (and I understand how the scarcity of Supes 1 plays into the equation) I personally have never had a desire to own either book is what I was trying to get across not that I doubt what the market commands on either

It's all good, everyone has their preferences. Some pursue Batman 1 and Superman 1, others maybe Cap 1 and Marvel Comics 1 for their taste. I totally get it. For me, I'm pretty happy owning any major golden key lol.

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think if a complete coverless Superman #1 with OW or better PQ were to be offered through the right venue, it could be close.

3 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I think if a complete coverless Superman #1 with OW or better PQ were to be offered through the right venue, it could be close.

There’s that weird .5 that’s sort of a coverless copy, but isn’t, which is about to sell in the next Comicconnect auction. I’m pretty sure it will sell for around $25K-$30K. Maybe a tad more.