• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

That is absolutely, 100% the same book.  It’s gone from a CBCS restored label to a CGC blue label, and now it’s back in a CBCS label, but this time it’s blue. I absolutely agonized about buying this from mycomicshop. I’m so glad I didn’t. Here is the most current incarnation 

0CA342D4-C43C-4E2E-AE92-C8111C2294F2.jpeg

EB2B15E4-49D7-4BAF-B01B-0C294EFFD32C.png

B04D9F62-1A81-445A-91FE-D9A2B7520D6F.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Aha, so I was correct with regards to the color touch removal (which I can see the amateur work done in the red area bottom right edge) and the piece off back was removed.  Whoever had the work done and sold it in MCS profited handsomly.

You absolutely were right. My hat is off to you

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 6:02 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I guess no takers yet for that $65k flip

D78841D0-51CE-4FEF-910B-F9113B5B5DDF.jpeg

Here you go buddy :whee:No...……….. body wants that flip2_5_3.jpg.8a4e7c6e65d3d735829b3003b37d0e22.jpg

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

ADBB3ABF-BDD1-46F6-98D3-9FEB3FB1C449.jpeg

I understand mechanically removing color touch and the added pieces. Can the reinforcement and cover cleaning also be reversed? Is this really unrestored as it sits today?

Clark I guess now you feel better for not buying it. Good things happen to good people for a reason. I guess if you would have bought the book you be :whatthe:. remember(thumbsu

appreciated.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I understand mechanically removing color touch and the added pieces. Can the reinforcement and cover cleaning also be reversed? Is this really unrestored as it sits today?

I can't remember a time where there was a reversal in cover cleaned books.  This may be the first I've seen. Usually cover cleaned books are irreversible, unless it was dry cleaned but the label didn't state that.  Reinforcement to my knowledge would be a problem to remove because the cover could be loose or possibly detached.  It was gutsy for the person who did the resto. removal, and if it were me, I'd leave it alone. But anyways, there is a bad stigma with this book now that the full history is shown.

38 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I can't remember a time where there was a reversal in cover cleaned books.  This may be the first I've seen. Usually cover cleaned books are irreversible, unless it was dry cleaned but the label didn't state that.  Reinforcement to my knowledge would be a problem to remove because the cover could be loose or possibly detached.  It was gutsy for the person who did the resto. removal, and if it were me, I'd leave it alone. But anyways, there is a bad stigma with this book now that the full history is shown.

agreed Brian. I think any cleaning on a third party label would refer to a solvent clean as opposed to a dry clean. That said, knowing a book was disassembled, cover removed from interior, staples taken out in order to solvent clean the cover makes me :p

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

agreed Brian. I think any cleaning on a third party label would refer to a solvent clean as opposed to a dry clean. That said, knowing a book was disassembled, cover removed from interior, staples taken out in order to solvent clean the cover makes me :p

Yup exactly Ben!  Maybe CBCS thought it was cleaned where in fact it wasn't?  It just doesn't make sense how a cleaned cover can be reversed. If it were dry cleaned let's say, the note on "cover cleaned" shouldn't be on the label.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, Dark Knight said:
On 5/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes, definitely agree with both of you in terms of the reversing the solvent cleaning along with the cover & centerfold reinforcement.  ???  :p