• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ft88 said:

Where's this one sit in the pantheon of Cole covers?

img527.jpg.f1983639e8e13fe9d634d56bfed3f90f.jpgimg528.jpg.d7dae101fced4cdfaf551448b46964fb.jpg

I've always loved this one.  It's earlier on and has a ot of the fun Cole elements:  an animal, detailed wood grain, headlights...  ;)

BTW - Killer copies of those 2 romance books guys!  Those are tough covers in any grade.  

1 hour ago, pmpknface said:

I don't think I posted this, but here's a few pickups.  Now I only need the BB 105 to have the Cole cover run.  And FA 55 to finish that run.

6beyUP1Wiq0EXANVq4jHJKxfYgTqNMTVTYq5gj7f

Wow, that's great news Jamie. Amazing!

Group shots please!  :sumo:

On 4/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, Point Five said:

Wow, that's great news Jamie. Amazing!

Group shots please!  :sumo:

I'll have to take some soon, but let's wait until last night's purchase arrives.  Hopefully it'll get here by Friday, as I'm off to Disney on Saturday, and then I'll be able to post a pic of the latest LB Cole cover run that I just completed!  And it's neither of the 2 previously mentioned runs either!  :shy: 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Dr. Love said:

dude!

PopTeenAgers03f100_zps8622a975-1.jpg

If anyone is wondering about the phrase "Oh, nerts!", nerts is American slang from the 1930s that represents a colloquial or euphemistic pronunciation of nuts. The phrase used on the cover is probably the guy's response to his date's lack of romantic feelings toward him as compared to all the other couples at the drive-in. Ernest Hemingway used the phrase "Oh, nerts to you" in his book  To Have and Have Not in 1937.

1 hour ago, pmpknface said:

Great stuff!  The Spook 30 is actually Disbrow, but we'll let it slide.  ;)    Plus:  2 Power 3s?!?!?!  And that 8.0 Terrific 6?!?!?!  ^^

I thought i had read somewhere that Cole inked Spook 30, but its definitely some Disbrow goodness as it was taken from the last splash page in the issue, in the interior art the cover monster is also red and not green!! 

Edited by c0micbooknerdgirl
poor grammar

3 hours ago, c0micbooknerdgirl said:

I thought i had read somewhere that Cole inked Spook 30, but its definitely some Disbrow goodness as it was taken from the last splash page in the issue, in the interior art the cover monster is also red and not green!! 

The cover of Spook 30 is definitely a copy of the splash opening page of the Insider by Disbrow. It first appeared in Blue Bolt Weird 114 and the demon was green. Great books you posted! (thumbsu

Just now, circumstances said:

I posted it a few years ago in (i think) a different thread, and got quite a few!

That was then this is now a whole new world for the seasoned collector isn't it !