• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, pmpknface said:

I may have posted before, but a loooooooooong time ago....

u9zwFltUdFq8beKRvCVUQlkx5wQGTxX4FfH7aKWunG5b3rmr_TarZvvqVGqw2SeckZxYKw89OXMTVuuE_MqKj1dndXy0Em2PtAsWU7IICwWQC3VbjnAXVVYXfKxCam1JAN4qmBtgrZEjqmMdNpDIPKjwyV4i5ij0GXo8pwWcEiE_4jcy8kU6UIiMFhgUPrkWdvAuUmXTV52nHU74G0TWbfi1cC7aY3h0ek98BO45C8M_E5I_70jM3rdn_TYwnCzneQIE6HA_nX7CIVLzoN-5l_PwSTFAj4i2Ge_QXX2p6UqfZ5IMNmgoj4uKh4_lUF2hSbS-I-JHsNCWwTiFVSrnymmaoGEvGRinJWtqiwy5zpJYCYggxw7zP2Zo7NgrvvzDLgfN1mETjTdiWTjcQh7QO2swmOnTHu7oNFjdiKqSEFn-lMkHhUkeuSJuKX7FeJMZg2APL4bSC9g4f2d3Z-F2w9NOvXTm5BhzgG7pNMJs6yeeFdkuVjj8q-vfm5nbSFJsSXK2vdGRMjDwzhJRVz2hL7AehO3ZpYtfOvA3xr-B4mD6y1lOolu4LX9RZsdtmASCSFpmYNRairXQOI_jCvYXChgYIhWqoL-y9uN2huU=w484-h645-no

Great stuff here, Jamie!  The Catman #27 is really nice--I rarely see it with those vibrant colors.  :cool:

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Great stuff here, Jamie!  The Catman #27 is really nice--I rarely see it with those vibrant colors.  :cool:

Well, google photos may have helped a bit, but the colors are really nice I swear!  :angel:

On 6/20/2018 at 7:51 PM, drbanner said:

That wasn't 10 new copies added to the Census, that was CGC consolidating their census records for "Blue Bolt" and "Blue Bolt Weird Tales". Here's the 4.0 Blue Bolt 114 that was "added" to the Census in January, obviously it was graded a long time ago:

2916395%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chain

Interesting.  There are so many similar screwups on the census.  I'm glad they finally cleared up one.  I wonder how it happened -- intensive nagging by somebody?

24 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Interesting.  There are so many similar screwups on the census.  I'm glad they finally cleared up one.  I wonder how it happened -- intensive nagging by somebody?

Good question...I suspect that in the early days they would label the book as the submitter titled it on the submittal form? Here's another old label copy, but this one was titled as "Blue Bolt".

2939223%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chain

3 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Good question...I suspect that in the early days they would label the book as the submitter titled it on the submittal form? Here's another old label copy, but this one was titled as "Blue Bolt".

2939223%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chain

I can see how the original error happened -- probably as you indicate -- the interesting thing is that they corrected it.  There are all kinds of errors on the census and I honestly can't remember their ever correcting one before, although I assume it occasionally happens. 

On 6/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Is it shark ? week yet ? LB Cole ?cover  Guns against gangsters 6

74606DA3-211F-402F-B966-06B87B959B98.jpeg

Nice pickup.  Is that the one that was just on the bay?  I was keeping an eye on that one...