• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rtsunlimited said:

Can't remember if I posted this cover recreation before or not:

BlueBolt114RecreationSmall_zpssskcrlia.j

Wow, it's a classic.  (worship)

17 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

A sweet under the radar cover I just picked up! She’s probably regretting taking that gondola. xD

3CBCE359-AC3F-49C3-8111-3BA6EA6F4F74.jpeg

Cool cover. Love the handling of the water! Never seen it before.  (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, Timely said:

Strange. Looks like the Cosmic Aeroplane copy with the distinctive check marks and yet the restoration.

Ken

48 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

Strange. Looks like the Cosmic Aeroplane copy with the distinctive check marks and yet the restoration.

Ken

Definitely odd. And how did that name stamp get on the front cover? I wonder what the chronology of all these things was. 

1 hour ago, Inaflash said:

Ken

It is. There are many Cosmic Aeroplane Copies with that large name stamp.

6 minutes ago, Timely said:

It is. There are many Cosmic Aeroplane Copies with that large name stamp.

Way too much info missing from the auction for me to bid, although it was pretty and the seller requested that questions be asked.

5 hours ago, Timely said:

Oh, I was watching.  Way too rich for my blood.  That book always gets good $ and rarely comes up for sale.  That one's a white whale for me.  :(  

1 minute ago, pmpknface said:

In other news a Blue Bolt #114 in about 3.0 condition went for $455 and a copy of Toytown #5 in FN went for $240.  doh!

Yeah, I was watching the Blue Bolt just out of curiosity, especially since that 6.0 sold for 3k last week.

26 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Yeah, I was watching the Blue Bolt just out of curiosity, especially since that 6.0 sold for 3k last week.

I'm with ya, as I was doing the same.  I watch most of the decent copies of Cole books I see even if I have a copy.  There's another BB #114 out there with a BIN of $1k.  Can't say I blame the seller for listing that one!    

1 minute ago, pmpknface said:

I'm with ya, as I was doing the same.  I watch most of the decent copies of Cole books I see even if I have a copy.  There's another BB #114 out there with a BIN of $1k.  Can't say I blame the seller for listing that one!    

Looks like my old undercopy that I sold here a few months back for $250.  :banana:

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A beauty!  Those Young King Cole covers really are under the radar.

I agree.  The horror and romance ones are king and queen, but the adventure covers still rock.  :headbang:

19 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

@rtsunlimited That is beautiful! What's the story behind it?

I bought the painting at the L.B. Cole Estate sale a few years back (along with a TON of other stuff - wish I had bought more!).

I think the image was likely used for the cover to a paperback novel in the early '60s.

Not sure though.