• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Got these just today. :)

dick-cole-10-a.jpg

I really like the charcoal / craftint style he used on this cover.  I hadn't noticed it before.

1 minute ago, pmpknface said:

Thanks brothers. There was NO way this one was getting away. If any of you guys out there lost,  just know I bid 2x what I paid jic. 

This is a run 15+ years in the making. I'm so elated, I can't even tell you. Plus, I have so much else going on in my life I didn't think I'd be able to make this happen. It's funny, but this book means so much more than just comics. I can't wait to have it!

I flirted with it, but it's not one of the Cole covers on my modest list (mostly Romance) that i really want, so i'm glad i sat it out and a Cole completist like yourself got it. Especially considering it completes a run. :headbang:

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

I flirted with it, but it's not one of the Cole covers on my modest list (mostly Romance) that i really want, so i'm glad i sat it out and a Cole completist like yourself got it. Especially considering it completes a run. :headbang:

Yea, it's why I haven't got it until now.  Back in the day.... this was on ebay all the time for $50 or less and I always let it pass for other covers I wanted more.  Now they are all harder to find and looking as how the trend is going I needed to snag it.  Thanks for letting this one slide!  There's a bunch on HA this weekend and I think there will be many more to come.  The $$$ trend is totally bringing out those that have them in their private stash.  

Good luck to all you LB Cole cover chasers!  The dream can happen!!!  

PS - There's 1 more LB Cole cover I "need" and I'll do whatever I have to in order to get that one.  No, I'm not gonna say which one.  But it's not a "big" one, just one that has eluded me. 

1 hour ago, pmpknface said:

Also, living in New England it's almost criminal that I didn't have the lobster cover. :p 

The real shame is that you live in New England and haven't mailed me a soft shell lobster yet :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

15 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

The real shame is that you live in New England and haven't mailed me a soft shell lobster yet :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

We can make that happen!   Lobsters travel well.  Just throw some seaweed in there and the're good for a few days.  Sometimes as low as $5-6 per pound at the local grocery store.  On vacation in RI this year I had a 2 pound one for dinner.  Last year, 3 pounds.  My niece was scared of the thing!  :D