• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

I have read on various online sources that L.B. Cole created Cosmo Cat. This is his second cover appearance. Has some Cole 'hallmarks'. I believe most (if not all) of his work is signed, but is this one that is not credited for any of the Cole experts out there?

All Top Comics #2.jpg

59 minutes ago, sagii said:

I have read on various online sources that L.B. Cole created Cosmo Cat. This is his second cover appearance. Has some Cole 'hallmarks'. I believe most (if not all) of his work is signed, but is this one that is not credited for any of the Cole experts out there?

All Top Comics #2.jpg

This one is new to me, but certainly looks like Cole's work...  Who is the publisher?  

1 minute ago, Heronext said:

Yep.  Same series as the later hot lady jungle covers

A bigger mystery is will these(early All Top, Jo-Jo and Zoot's)  ever get the same rabid following from 'serious' Fox collectors as other Fox books? hm

25 minutes ago, sagii said:

A bigger mystery is will these(early All Top, Jo-Jo and Zoot's)  ever get the same rabid following from 'serious' Fox collectors as other Fox books? hm

It’s LB Cole so it must be worth a million $

@Tri-ColorBrian showed this recently in a group shot i believe, but i felt it should be singled out (it's also one of the Cole covers that got a one page spread 'Black Light' Cole book). 4Most comics v8 #2. Pretty cool cover and character, She's almost Cole's 'answer' to the Bakers 'South Sea's Girl in this issue. I've included scans of the interior from DCM, because they present better than pictures, and in this story Cole really did some outstanding GGA here

Four Most v8 #2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

It wasn't me that showed that book because I've never had one.  I always wanted it, but just never found a copy.  I showed this one:

16553363211_06a8119923_c.jpg

..and i'm looking for that one (:

On 10/24/2018 at 10:45 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I really like his airplane war covers.  I got this a long time ago from someone I can't remember...:S

16519289996_8623b8b9fd_c.jpg

You borrowed it from me and it's high time you gave it back. :taptaptap:

19 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:
20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You borrowed it from me and it's high time you gave it back. :taptaptap:

No...I don't believe that...:cool:

Well, you have been getting very forgetful lately. :)