• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Please tell me someone got some of the cool stuff from the CC auction tonight....

I've been chasing some of the Centaurs (wrong thread I know) and mostly VERY unsuccessfully I might add. :pullhair:

Other than that, I'm glad I've been collecting LB Cole as long as I have and got my Mask 1 and 2 years ago! :preach:

4 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Here's my only Cole proof... wanna trade? :devil:

IMG_4690.JPG

Thanks for the offer but, I have that one! 

Out of curiosity: is that from the L.B. Cole Estate sale? Seems there were two primary sources for cover proofs:

A cache from the '90s(?) where most proofs aren't signed and then the L.B. Cole Estate Auction from 2010 (OMG! I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago!!!) where most proofs were signed and came with a COA

So, near as I can tell, there's 2-3(+?) cover proofs for each comic.

Can anyone shed more light?

3 minutes ago, rtsunlimited said:

Thanks for the offer but, I have that one! 

Out of curiosity: is that from the L.B. Cole Estate sale? Seems there were two primary sources for cover proofs:

A cache from the '90s(?) where most proofs aren't signed and then the L.B. Cole Estate Auction from 2010 (OMG! I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago!!!) where most proofs were signed and came with a COA

So, near as I can tell, there's 2-3(+?) cover proofs for each comic.

Can anyone shed more light?

Ha ha, I was joking about the trade... actually I thought I was buying the book when I got this. It has the certificate but no signature.  Got it off CC BIN about a year ago.  I sucked up 4 or 5 decent Cole Crime BINs too.  

9 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Ha ha, I was joking about the trade... actually I thought I was buying the book when I got this. It has the certificate but no signature.  Got it off CC BIN about a year ago.  I sucked up 4 or 5 decent Cole Crime BINs too.  

Cool.

Picts of the Cole Crime comics? :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, rtsunlimited said:

Cool.

Picts of the Cole Crime comics? :popcorn:

These three for sure... not sure about the others, my records are a bit spotty.  Solid low grade less popular covers.  The lighting is warm on the second book, colors are actually nice and whites are white. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 4.19.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 4.19.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 4.18.11 PM.png

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Lots of work and time went into that grouping :banana:

Jack, remember when you posted that lots of our books we were lucky to get when we did because we couldn't afford them now?

This is definitely one of those, for my budget anyway. 

23 minutes ago, telerites said:

Jack, remember when you posted that lots of our books we were lucky to get when we did because we couldn't afford them now?

This is definitely one of those, for my budget anyway. 

How things have changed in this hobby some for the good and some for the bad. :insane:

18 minutes ago, lbcolefan said:

Awesome group shot Jeff:applause:

Someday I’ll find a Ghostly Weird 120 to complete the run:wishluck:

I thought you had them all.  Your books are stellar in grades I can't touch.  Remember the Spook 23 you sold me a long while back.  I still have it and love it.  I wish I could add more of that series but tough books even in lower grades.  

I did finish the Horrors run (11-15).  That is a fun run - two war books, a horror, and then the two underworlds.  

Your Cole collection is :luhv:  I know I have the story of my meeting with Cole before.  He was feeble and walked with a cane but he was so cordial and kind and spent time just talking to me (I was a teenager).  I got his autograph.  He left a lasting impression on me.  

17 minutes ago, telerites said:

I thought you had them all.  Your books are stellar in grades I can't touch.  Remember the Spook 23 you sold me a long while back.  I still have it and love it.  I wish I could add more of that series but tough books even in lower grades.  

I did finish the Horrors run (11-15).  That is a fun run - two war books, a horror, and then the two underworlds.  

Your Cole collection is :luhv:  I know I have the story of my meeting with Cole before.  He was feeble and walked with a cane but he was so cordial and kind and spent time just talking to me (I was a teenager).  I got his autograph.  He left a lasting impression on me.  

I still need 1 or 2 issues from each of the main Star titles. With today’s crazy prices I could never afford to complete them if I needed more.

I sold you a Ghostly Weird 121 and Starting Terror 5 but I don’t think I ever had a Spook 23 undercopy.