• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

The Accepted reprint is fairly available. The original Star version is less so. 

The Star edition was s lot more available until recent years. I used to pick them up more regularly but now they seem MIA.

46 minutes ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Picked this up recently ... but will probably need to sell to fund a grail purchase...

fullsizeoutput_2d.jpeg

OMG look at the colors on that copy!  You'll be making someone else very happy when that goes up for grabs.  I expect PM's flying into your in-box in 3...2....1......  ;) 

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This book was my grail for a whole year after i first saw it (yeah, some grails get found pretty quick, even pre-Internet)...then someone offered me this copy and it will NEVER leave my collection.  B|  yeah, I never get tired of showing it...

16544251622_aa909d1157_c.jpg

That is one book we have in common,but some really don't see why it should get so much love :cry:

11 hours ago, comicjack said:

That is one book we have in common,but some really don't see why it should get so much love :cry:

With you guys on this one. Contact 12 is my all-time favorite precode Sci Fi cover and Cole's greatest. How could anyone get tired of that cover? The simplicity of it and the colors on a black background make it awesome. Always reminds me of the ships in the Flash Gordon serial and the flying machines in H.G. Wells' Things to Come. A positive futuristic utopian world for people to see and look forward to during an era of that saw destruction and devastation preceded by a world where many millions struggled to survive during a great economic depression. Cole gave everyone at the time a glimpse of what may come and his vision may yet come true for the future of our world 🌎

13 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This book was my grail for a whole year after i first saw it (yeah, some grails get found pretty quick, even pre-Internet)...then someone offered me this copy and it will NEVER leave my collection.  B|  yeah, I never get tired of showing it...

Love it!

One I'm taking with me when I leave this earth!!

17 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

A very nice copy. Several months back there was a graded copy listed on eBay as a BIN/Best Offer. Not knowing at the time what I was seeing I put in an offer; it was scooped up as a BIN and I've been kicking myself ever since.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

A very nice copy. Several months back there was a graded copy listed on eBay as a BIN/Best Offer. Not knowing at the time what I was seeing I put in an offer; it was scooped up as a BIN and I've been kicking myself ever since.

Ouch. Yep. We've all been there!

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Evidently this book has really escalated in value in the last year or so.  I remember when a nice copy sat on Harley Yee's list for years at $1200.  :whatthe:

On 6/5/2019 at 9:52 PM, Twistty1 said:

IMG_5130.jpeg

Great book Adam! A precode "precursor" to DC's Weird War Tales series that first hit the newsstands almost two decades later.