• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Well, it's not as nice as the basic front/back scans suggest. I have a feeling this one will be coming back to the seller.

3 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Trimmed?

There is a tear/cut/rip on the spine which goes through the entire book.

I asked the seller why he had it as a 3.0 b/c the scans looked good and he told me; I said he should add that to his description. I don't think he ever did.

3 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I asked the seller why he had it as a 3.0 b/c the scans looked good and he told me; I said he should add that to his description. I don't think he ever did.

Oh wow. Good detective work there. That's a bummer. 

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

I read the seller's feedback and decided the seller was a bit shady. EBay feedbacks do matter.

Edited by GomerPyleUSMC

58 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

How could this thread fall to page three?

We were waiting for you. (shrug)

On 4/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, october said:
On 4/1/2019 at 10:04 PM, Sqeggs said:

One of the tougher Hitler covers.

I'd never seen a copy for sale before. It was an inexplicably cheap Buy It Now on eBay from a few months ago. I think it was $110.

Edited April 1 by october

Yikes! Some eBay sellers live by the BIN and, in this case, die by the BIN. Great score!

On 6/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, manetteska said:

Yeah, that's an old eBay dodge: "You should have asked before you bid on it." I remember years ago buying a Barks duck book that looked pretty nice in the scan. When it arrived, not only was the cover detached but the interior was from another (non-Barks book). When I complained, the seller said something like "If that stuff mattered to you, why didn't you ask about it?" Granted, the seller was a non-comic guy who probably thought one Disney book was as good as another, but still .... 

Wow nice pair of colorful black covers! Really like the Terrifying Tales. The problem I have always had with these is that once you get past the cover, the insides are just meh to me. Thusly, it is the one publisher other than maybe aCG that I have the least of. 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow nice pair of colorful black covers! Really like the Terrifying Tales. The problem I have always had with these is that once you get past the cover, the insides are just meh to me. Thusly, it is the one publisher other than maybe aCG that I have the least of. 

yeah, a lot of the Star stuff is kinda blah, except for the Disbrow stuff. Love me some Disbrow!