• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2019 at 2:55 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks to Andy/october for this one a few months back. Love this cover!
(It's funny, I swear I went years without seeing a decent #118 for sale, but then four of us here found copies in the space of a few weeks.)

bluebolt118.jpg.e24ec75e51ad30f5cb526a2a1d7fd511.jpg

Don't know how I missed this one,SCREAMING colours!

3 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Yup. Someone added an additional staple.

Looks like this issue got a lot of love from the kids, as there is no grade higher then a 6.5 on the census, or no love from the moms throwing them out. 

Edited by SamPool
spelling

20 hours ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Here's one more. I'm thinking of getting this one graded and hopefully the glue on the cover can be removed.

startlingterrortales4.thumb.jpg.5d5fa6839e33f34b4f2a3c3b7720b1c0.jpg

Yuppers, one of the harder issues to obtain (don't ask me how I know).  If you have glue, tape, and the new staple removed, wouldn't they then give it a PLOD?  Might be best to simply submit it as-is.

Just now, fifties said:

Yuppers, one of the harder issues to obtain (don't ask me how I know).  If you have glue, tape, and the new staple removed, wouldn't they then give it a PLOD?  Might be best to simply submit it as-is.

Wouldn't it be the opposite from PLOD if all of the above was removed? Mainly the glue, might even come back blue label with notes "dried glue on cover, extra staple added". If anything, glue removed and leave everything else as-is.

4 minutes ago, fifties said:

I never thought of this one as one of Cole's tougher to get covers, but then I got mine a long time ago (I think from boardie October) at least 15 years ago.  Solid mid-grade graded copy too.  This whole run of STT covers are classic!

19 minutes ago, manetteska said:

With everything that is going on with this book, why not leave it raw?

My thoughts exactly,but I'm a reader.One in a case,one to thumb through.Unless they plan on selling,but I think offering a slab and reader's a great idea.Perhaps not on a book so tough though lol 

31 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

I never thought of this one as one of Cole's tougher to get covers, but then I got mine a long time ago (I think from boardie October) at least 15 years ago.  Solid mid-grade graded copy too.  This whole run of STT covers are classic!

Why are we whispering ?

34 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

Definitely not one of the more desired Cole cover...

Since you got yours at least 15 years ago, how many times would you say you have seen this cover for sale?

57 minutes ago, SamPool said:

Since you got yours at least 15 years ago, how many times would you say you have seen this cover for sale?

I dunno for sure.  Heritage has sold a few.  I know I've seen a few elsewhere, but maybe was the same overpriced one on ebay over and over.  In completing the run sure the Spider cover was tough but the #12 "White Hand Horror" was a real tough one for me. 

1 hour ago, SamPool said:

It’s definitely one of my most desired Cole covers!

I’ve never seen a high grade copy in my 13 years of searching.

At least I have a nice cover proof.

7ACA1D17-77B8-43C9-A99D-F9D749187418.jpeg