• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

Some of his paperback covers I think are really great and some not so much. I agree with you that the Cheaters at Love cover is pretty meh but at least your copy looks nice. I've owned a few copies and none were above VG or so. 

1 hour ago, The-Collector said:

I've had this one for a while. I've probably posted it before, but looking through my books today I remembered how much I like it. 

Even if you have posted it before, it is definitely worth seeing again.  Beautiful book.

8 hours ago, telerites said:

Even if you have posted it before, it is definitely worth seeing again.  Beautiful book.

Thanks. It is also from the now defunct circle 8 pedigree and I'm pretty sure cgc no longer put this label citation on. So that is a bonus in my books. 

9 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I'll post a few recent board pick ups. 

Sorry for the poor photography! 

I'm not sure if the Manhunt 4 is an LB Cole cover. I've read conflicting opinions. 

There is a story inside that features martians fighting dinosaurs that I'm pretty convinced is Cole. 

I don't think the Manhunt 4 cover is LB Cole, but I quite like it. (thumbsu

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

It's a cool cover and was a fun read.  This internal story had a much more  Cole feel than the cover itself.  

I agree. Very cool! 

On 6/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, The-Collector said:

I've had this one for a while. I've probably posted it before, but looking through my books today I remembered how much I like it. 

Startling Terror Tales 10 CGC 7.5 Cirlce 8 FC copy.png

What a beautiful copy! Especially sweet with the PQ.  Some of these Star books have colors/inks that are so rich and dense that they appear silkscreened.  Major keeper!