• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

I finally picked one up from boardie Pablo @Dreamtoreal1 about 2 years ago. A nice copy that I might have paid too much for at the time, but I have always wanted. 

My thoughts about overpaying for books is that eventually (even in some cases, pretty quickly), become real bargains. I never, in my wildest dreams ever thought comics would bring what they do now. 

Awsome books like this are only going to go up in value...

13 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
23 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Weren't/aren't you selling basically all of your Cole books?

Yup. But I love him and true love never dies. 

Were you selling the others for a big purchase? I’ve sold some of his “lesser” stuff (to me) but will always keep my favorites around. 

Just now, manetteska said:

Were you selling the others for a big purchase? I’ve sold some of his “lesser” stuff (to me) but will always keep my favorites around. 

Not any specific purchase. I bought a lot of stuff over the last few months, across ages and genres, and needed to wrangle it in. Sometimes selling stuff lets me focus a bit better on my collecting needs. I still have my favorite Cole books, such as Contact 12 and Blue Bolt 105.

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Not any specific purchase. I bought a lot of stuff over the last few months, across ages and genres, and needed to wrangle it in. Sometimes selling stuff lets me focus a bit better on my collecting needs. I still have my favorite Cole books, such as Contact 12 and Blue Bolt 105.

Focus is hard these days. Was paying off a big book — Cole as well, actually — but still finding good deals on stuff I couldn’t pass up.

Blue Bolt 105 I still haven’t acquired that is on my list; same with Mask 2 (that one is going to be rough, esp with how thrifty I tend to be).

Edited by manetteska

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Focus is hard these days. Was paying off a big book — Cole as well, actually — but still finding good deals on stuff I couldn’t pass up.

Blue Bolt 105 I still haven’t acquired that is on my list; same with Mask 2 (that one is going to be rough, esp with how thrifty I tend to be).

Mask 1 and 2 are great. Maybe even the best. I wonder if I have the discipline to buy less stuff and go after one of those hm

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Mask 1 and 2 are great. Maybe even the best. I wonder if I have the discipline to buy less stuff and go after one of those hm

And just like that I see a Mask 2 for sale on a FB page. Still too expensive for me; would need to sell a lot — big and small — and I don’t have that kind of dedication to selling right now. 

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

And just like that I see a Mask 2 for sale on a FB page. Still too expensive for me; would need to sell a lot — big and small — and I don’t have that kind of dedication to selling right now. 

It ain’t cheap - but it is my all-time favorite LB Cole cover - prefer it to Mask 1.