• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

I was inspired by shiverbones to purchase this.

Holiday Comics #7, Animal on Parade

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME.jpg

For me, this is an unusual purchase. I don't collect funny animals nor do I have anything to do with westerns, much less rodeos.

I liked the busy & colorful cover. I wouldn't have paid any notice if it hadn't been for the wonderfully playful covers of shiverbones

THX.

L.B. Cole was the tipping ingredient.

An aside: Someone from Emigre magazine should pick up on these types of lettering and develop/kern a font to sell to some of these ignorant,

(by that I mean unknowing) masses of modern magazine art editors.

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME003.jpg

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME004.jpg

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME005.jpg

These kinds of typography are straight out of those "Trademarks of the 30's & 40's" and "Trademarks of the 50's & 60's" books.

Collect & collate the data, write the book, tweak it, write the code, copyright it and you've got an ebay perpetual motion money machine.

Who needs a publisher? Just post the money to your bank account - ad infinitum.

Anyone have a scan of MASK #2? I wanted to show someone what it looks like and my copy is missing a piece of the lower left corner. I'm shocked that there isn't one posted here!

On a happy note...

This week I've picked up:

- Mask 1

- True to LIfe Romances # 17 & #19!

I was on a Cole "hold" for a while, but now I'm back baby!!!

Anyone have a scan of MASK #2? I wanted to show someone what it looks like and my copy is missing a piece of the lower left corner. I'm shocked that there isn't one posted here!

On a happy note...

This week I've picked up:

- Mask 1

- True to LIfe Romances # 17 & #19!

I was on a Cole "hold" for a while, but now I'm back baby!!!

mask2-1.jpg

This post just caught my eye.

Those two splashes are identical to the first and second stories in Frisky Fables 4, Sep 1948, which I just bought a few days ago. (A beater copy)

FriskyFables4.jpg

FriskyFables4p1.jpg

I wonder whether the whole book is cover-to-cover reprint. What's the date of this Holiday Comics issue?

Jack

I was inspired by shiverbones to purchase this.

Holiday Comics #7, Animal on Parade

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME.jpg

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME003.jpg

For me, this is an unusual purchase. I don't collect funny animals nor do I have anything to do with westerns, much less rodeos.

I liked the busy & colorful cover. I wouldn't have paid any notice if it hadn't been for the wonderfully playful covers of shiverbones

THX.

L.B. Cole was the tipping ingredient.

An aside: Someone from Emigre magazine should pick up on these types of lettering and develop/kern a font to sell to some of these ignorant,

(by that I mean unknowing) masses of modern magazine art editors.

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME004.jpg

HAPPYFUCKINFUNTIME005.jpg

These kinds of typography are straight out of those "Trademarks of the 30's & 40's" and "Trademarks of the 50's & 60's" books.

Collect & collate the data, write the book, tweak it, write the code, copyright it and you've got an ebay perpetual motion money machine.

Who needs a publisher? Just post the money to your bank account - ad infinitum.