• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

Nice books...the BB 116 is spectacular, and that's a great looking Spook 22, can't recall seeing a nicer copy. hm

Here's one of my 1st Cole covers which I purchased from our very own vtcomics, way back in 1997! :headbang:

catman28.jpg

Newly acquired not too long ago from a fellow boardie...

One of my favorite covers and a nice looking copy to boot. :applause:

That is a great cover. Congrats.

Thanks Dave, I can't believe that I hadn't actually posted it in this thread since I acquired it... Anyway, your new Cole book isn't too shabby either...congrats on that one..

I guess I`m in a posting mood, I`ve nearly doubled my meagre post count tonight. I know this cover has been posted before, but I thought I`d show off this copy that I picked up at Wonder Con this year (first time I`ve been to that con and I really enjoyed it.) I had been looking for a copy since 2002 when I foolishly passed on a fabulous copy that Chris Foss had for sale. I bought it from Harley raw and had it graded. I was lucky, it wasn`t on his display, but when I showed him my want list he pulled it from a collection he had just purchased. Had it gone on display, I`m sure I would have missed it. Sorry about the glare.

CaptainFlight11.jpg

I guess I`m in a posting mood, I`ve nearly doubled my meagre post count tonight. I know this cover has been posted before, but I thought I`d show off this copy that I picked up at Wonder Con this year (first time I`ve been to that con and I really enjoyed it.) I had been looking for a copy since 2002 when I foolishly passed on a fabulous copy that Chris Foss had for sale. I bought it from Harley raw and had it graded. I was lucky, it wasn`t on his display, but when I showed him my want list he pulled it from a collection he had just purchased. Had it gone on display, I`m sure I would have missed it. Sorry about the glare.

CaptainFlight11.jpg

One of my favorites.Truly a hard to find book.

CaptainFlight11.jpg

One of my favorite Cole covers! You're fortunate to find a copy in that grade... it's tough, obviousy, due to the black cover. Highly sought after Cole cover... usually sells immediately when it comes up for sale.

There is one major dealer that has 2 copies of Captain Flight 11 listed on their website if anyone is looking. To avoid any appearance that I might be soliciting for that company, I will refrain from mentioning its name. If you want to know send me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.

Just for kicks here's another great Cole cover. I heard a story that when Cole started to do his cover recreations he refused to reproduce this cover because he didn't want to have to do all the scales on the snake again. I wonder if the story is true. Does anyone have a recreation of this cover?

ThrillingCrimeCases49.jpg

Edited by Alzabar

CaptainFlight11.jpg

One of my favorite Cole covers! You're fortunate to find a copy in that grade... it's tough, obviousy, due to the black cover. Highly sought after Cole cover... usually sells immediately when it comes up for sale.

Sweet copy of a tough book! (worship)

There is one major dealer that has 2 copies of Captain Flight 11 listed on their website if anyone is looking. To avoid any appearance that I might be soliciting for that company, I will refrain from mentioning its name. If you want to know send me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.

Just for kicks here's another great Cole cover. I heard a story that when Cole started to do his cover recreations he refused to reproduce this cover because he didn't want to have to do all the scales on the snake again. I wonder if the story is true. Does anyone have a recreation of this cover?

I've probably seen about 10-15 Cole reproductions, but never one of this cover. I'd love to see it if it exists! One of my favorites!

Edited by *paull*

I've probably seen about 10-15 Cole reproductions, but never one of this cover. I'd love to see it if it exists! One of my favorites!

Cole drew a recreation of this cover.

CaptainFlight11.jpg

I bought mine from a ad in CBG about 10 years ago.Five times book.200 dollars.

Cole drew a recreation of this cover.

And the funny thing is...a same size re-creation would have only set you back 450.00 according to the ad in OPG #10. I know because I was cleaning out the garage yesterday and found a tote of my old paperbacks and OPG's. I looked through it last night and saw the ad for the Cole recreations. "Send no money, Half due when your piece is started." Not verbatim...but you get the drift. Where is that damned time machine we hear so much about? :)