• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

My favorite Cole book in my box!! Got it from C-link and couldn't be happier!! I've got to use CGC's scan as I've got no way to currently scan it myself.

ContactComics_11_9-8.jpg

if it ain't a 9.9, i don't need to see it.

goodness gracious, great balls of fire!!!!!!!

My favorite Cole book in my box!! Got it from C-link and couldn't be happier!! I've got to use CGC's scan as I've got no way to currently scan it myself.

ContactComics_11_9-8.jpg

if it ain't a 9.9, i don't need to see it.

goodness gracious, great balls of fire!!!!!!!

I could look at that book all day long! :cloud9:

This is one of my very favorites and one that I'm happy to finally have!!

CapAero_23_BA.jpg

Great book! I own the cover proof!

Otherwise, great books guys. I just can't throw down for your high grade copies. However, I did manage to grab these 2 lately, and I've actually picked up 10-12 since the new year, but these 2 are newest:

contactset801.jpg

contactset1201.jpg

My favorite Cole book in my box!! Got it from C-link and couldn't be happier!! I've got to use CGC's scan as I've got no way to currently scan it myself. ContactComics_11_9-8.jpg

Simply amazing! as fresh as the day it was printed. :applause:

Happy to have picked this book up recently. So many of Cole's Star books are printed off-center, was glad to find a nicely-centered copy.

terrifying11.jpg

Researching comics at the DCM, I came across something that may be of interest to L.B. Cole art appreciators. While it is not a cover per say, it is the inside front cover of 4 Most Comics V7 #4, in which the Editors offer a small, cute interview with Cole (that issue's front cover artist). I mention cute, because 4 Most was targeting more of a juvenile demographic. I hope this has not been posted before.

113471.jpg.d8e83c381f2704d66429ba341e90f910.jpg

Researching comics at the DCM, I came across something that may be of interest to L.B. Cole art appreciators. While it is not a cover per say, it is the inside front cover of 4 Most Comics V7 #4, in which the Editors offer a small, cute interview with Cole (that issue's front cover artist). I mention cute, because 4 Most was targeting more of a juvenile demographic. I hope this has not been posted before.

That's awesome - thanks! I haven't picked that one up yet but I have a good reason to now.

I've picked up a bunch of Cole books recently, but here is the latest: YOUNG KING COLE Vol 3 No 11. I hadn't seen this one until recently and found one at a decent price from the UK. I believe Cole did the interior story that goes along w/ the cover. It's hard to tell from the pic but the cover gloss is really nice.

$(KGrHqEOKm4E3VNTmf+-BN+czKVv!g~~_12.JPG

I also grabbed a CRIME FIGHTING DETECTIVE #17 from the same seller. Only a VG copy, but it was worth it. Other semi-recent purchases:

- Terrors of the Jungle 17, VG

- White Rider & Super Horse #5, VG

- TRUE-TO-LIFE ROMANCES #16, FN

- SHOCKING MYSTERY CASES # 58 G/VG

- THE OUTLAWS#14 VG/FN 5.0

- CONFESSIONS OF LOVE #12, GD

- BLUE BOLT #120 VG- 3.5

- THE OUTLAWS#10 VG/FN 5.0

I'm not sure how many LB Cole covers I have now, but just recently I filled up a small box with only golden age stuff, and LB Cole covers are at least 90% of it! I'm now overflowing! :headbang:

Edited by pmpknface

I'm not sure how many LB Cole covers I have now, but just recently I filled up a small box with only golden age stuff, and LB Cole covers are at least 90% of it! I'm now overflowing! :headbang:

Overflowing with the good stuff. (thumbs u

Post some of those babies!

I'll start doing that soon. I've been meaning to hook up my scanner, otherwise I can always take pics quickly with my cel. I've been thinking of getting a few group shots where I have a bunch of issues of a title. For example, all my CONTACT COMICS in one shot, all my STARTLING TERROR TALES in 1 shot, etc...