• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

Can't wait for the Contact group shot :popcorn:

I'm going to see if I can get these pics a bit larger, but in the meantime...

Part 1:

2011-07-18%25252021.50.01.jpg

Part 2:

2011-07-18%25252021.49.11.jpg

Most of these are pretty sharp copies. All mid-grades but display very well. I was psyched to get a copy of the #12 a few months ago. The #8 is usually a tough book to get not chewed up. I'm still hunting a 1, 2, 4, and 7 at a decent price. They'll turn up!

I also took a few pics of some random things. Here's 1-shot that doesn't show up often. Besides the shadow on the right side it's a beautiful looking comic. Love the plane fighting the opium smugglers!

2011-07-18%25252021.45.53.jpg

This is another example of what I usually end up getting. Great Comics #1, great eye appeal, just a chunk out of the back that doesn't bother me (especially because I got it for $50):

2011-07-18%25252021.46.48.jpg

Random recent purchases:

2011-07-18%25252021.53.03.jpg

Love this cover! GCG 5.5 too:

2011-07-18%25252021.55.51.jpg

It's not my book and I don't know the seller, but there is a really nice Contact #12 on eBay right now for what I consider to be a reasonable price. If I didn't have my copy already, I'd buy this one.

Just won this one a second ago on ebay, TARGET COMICS V. 10 # 3. It's the only copy I've seen of this last issue to date:

U3-31-054.JPG

Has anyone else ever seen this one? Also, in the listing the seller describes that this is from the "EGYPTIAN COLLECTION." Anyone heard of it?

THE EGYPTIAN COLLECTION. This comic book is part of an original owner collection of about 600 comics published between 1945 and 1954. They were printed in the U S and exported to Egypt and sold there. The original owner bought many of them from U S military base PX stores. Some were purchased on newsstands. For decades they were stored in the arid desert climate near the pyramids. Although they show some signs of use, the pages are generally very supple and off-white. Many have unique distributor marks and a few have Arabic distributor markings written on them.
Edited by pmpknface

I'm still looking a Suspense 8 for my Covers book, the last cover I need. Anyone out there willing to make a 400 dpi TIFF scan? I'll thank you in the book and send you a free copy when it comes out in December. Send me a PM asap - deadline is approaching. Thanks.

114513.jpg.448954a5733b37d478db448cb1492bb7.jpg

Thanks for removing the temptation, saw that in the sales forum...great looking book! (thumbs u

Happy to finally have acquired a keeper copy of this one. Had a beater a while back, thought I picked up a nice raw copy a few months ago on ebay but the micro-chamber paper inside led to a few emails and the seller's revelation that "well, maybe it has a little restoration..." :frustrated:

Anyhow, no more worries. :cloud9:

catman31.jpg

Thanks for removing the temptation, saw that in the sales forum...great looking book! (thumbs u

Happy to finally have acquired a keeper copy of this one. Had a beater a while back, thought I picked up a nice raw copy a few months ago on ebay but the micro-chamber paper inside led to a few emails and the seller's revelation that "well, maybe it has a little restoration..." :frustrated:

Anyhow, no more worries. :cloud9:

catman31.jpg

:applause:

A great looking copy of one of my favorite covers. Congrats.