• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

When LB Cole drew a horse it wasn't just a horse..... it was a SUPER HORSE! Here's this 3 issue mini run, although the #5 is the AP reprint and you can tell. This copy is much more faded than the Star Pub copy, and I think a tad smaller. Some AP's you can't tell except for the logo but this isn't one of them.

95y81j.jpg

28ba1s6.jpg

259eg7b.jpg

What a treat, Jamie! :applause:

These are fantastic. I know it's a big deal to get them up. Don't stop!! :baiting:

Thanks, buddy

PS I hear you about the Canadian prints. I se the same thing with Canadian Qualitys. I'll usually go for a nice one if they come along. Which reminds me, there was a Canadian Cole on CL not too long ago, inadvertently put out there as a #1 when it was a #2 - a labeling mistake by cgc I think...ring a bell?

Thanks! I've got a ton more that I've scanned but haven't posted yet. I'm trying get some scanning done 1 or 2 days a week. I'm working my way from Z ---> A at the moment and I think I'm around "P" somewhere. But before I get into my Popular Teen-Agers run, I'll go with a few random ones.

And no, that CL listing doesn't ring a bell. I may have looked at it but didn't notice. Feel free to PM me about it!

This is one I have dupes of:

2mws8pi.jpg

Here's another 1 shot that continues in another title:

29w8sh1.jpg

When LB Cole drew a horse it wasn't just a horse..... it was a SUPER HORSE! Here's this 3 issue mini run, although the #5 is the AP reprint and you can tell. This copy is much more faded than the Star Pub copy, and I think a tad smaller. Some AP's you can't tell except for the logo but this isn't one of them.

95y81j.jpg

28ba1s6.jpg

259eg7b.jpg

Very nice! Cole loved to do wild life. He did a bunch of fishing magazines with beautiful trout and bass images. I'll see if I still have some laying around.

Here's 2 of the 3 LB Cole covers for YOUNG KING COLE. I'm missing the 3rd. The book would go on to I believe just be "Crime Fighting Detective" and change entirely.

I totally love this cover, and it's actually also a splash page in a story. The reds on this copy are so bright!

292v9c4.jpg

The reds aren't as nice on this one, but I just love the cover...

207nek7.jpg

Baseball season is upon us! Time for some SPORT THRILLS!!! I didn't have these scanned for last week's sports thread, thankfully someone else did. I also know I scanned my copy of SMASH-HIT-SPORTS which has one of my fave of his hidden sigs, but I don't know what folder it's in! I'll find it. Until then...

Love this one! I have the Ray Zone 3D reprint too:

vnkmt0.jpg

Sorry I didn't take it out of the bag. I'm short on mylars too. I buy Cole books faster than mylars I guess. AP Rep:

2a4u3h4.jpg

Another AP Rep, but looks great:

qnk7d1.jpg

This one reminds me a bit of Fenway, because of the green stands:

2lu3ofd.jpg

Sorry for the out of order, I'm going w/ hoe p-bucket has them for now.

bhd0g2.jpg

I love this book! Keep 'em comin'!

If you like this, wait until I get to the issue where....

"I Loved My Doctor!!!" ;)

I'll start this new title, but I'll have to finish it later. Time for the complete TOP LOVE STORIES, Secrets of Daring Romance!

What a tease! Colors on this one aer everywhere!

2v8ip0i.jpg

Marsha is SUCH a hussy!

51edu1.jpg

Can't beat a purple on purple on purple cover!

24phwsp.jpg