• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

Nice copies guys.  Gotta love the Regan cover.

I've gotta upgrade my BB #111 too.  I knew it wasn't in NM when I got it off a Heritage auction, but didn't realize the size of the bottom right corner that was missing.  FYI - it goes into the writing on the cover.  :(

5 minutes ago, damonwad said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Cross-posted from the romance thread.

2017-10-09-0001_zpstzkseajl.jpg

:applause: One of my favorite Cole romance covers and I'd take 4.5's that look like that all day.

As I mentioned in the romance thread, I bought it on eBay as a raw 6.0 from a since departed boardie for $17 (postage included).  I have to say that I thought his grade was accurate when I received the book from him. 

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

As I mentioned in the romance thread, I bought it on eBay as a raw 6.0 from a since departed boardie for $17 (postage included).  I have to say that I thought his grade was accurate when I received the book from him. 

That's still a great deal but had to be disappointing when you saw the grade. 

2 minutes ago, damonwad said:

That's still a great deal but had to be disappointing when you saw the grade. 

I was a bit surprised that there weren't any other copies on the census, given how these books seem to have become significantly more sought after. 

10 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I was a bit surprised that there weren't any other copies on the census, given how these books seem to have become significantly more sought after. 

That is surprising and I just checked and there are still plenty of issues in the title with nothing submitted yet.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

There's a Voldy 6.5 W for that issue.  But the point is a valid one - like dwad said, there are a ton of titles/issues for which the census is empty.