• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, damonwad said:

That's very cool and I'm sure I've never seen one before (or at least noticed one).

"SDD" on barrel, some text missing from above the 10 cent star, and best of all, it's now a birthday comic.

Do you have any background info on this version?

It's a Canadian edition.I guess Halloween was a no no on comics here at the time?Or it seems to me the Canadian eds were released a month or so farther down the road,so maybe Halloween had passed.

25 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

It's a Canadian edition.I guess Halloween was a no no on comics here at the time?Or it seems to me the Canadian eds were released a month or so farther down the road,so maybe Halloween had passed.

Thanks and they may have tried to change it to a birthday party but I have a feeling they weren't fooling anybody.

2 hours ago, theeone29 said:

one of my favorites

GREAT.jpg

Awsome cover! Reminds me of my favorite Catman cover #32. I bought a nice copy of this from Teddy at Superworld a few years ago. I showed it to Redbeard and he told me that there was a small warehouse find of this issue many years ago. Yours is obviously a Crowley so it didn't come from the same source. Congrats on a great book!

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Awsome cover! Reminds me of my favorite Catman cover #32. I bought a nice copy of this from Teddy at Superworld a few years ago. I showed it to Redbeard and he told me that there was a small warehouse find of this issue many years ago. Yours is obviously a Crowley so it didn't come from the same source. Congrats on a great book!

Interesting, re: warehouse find. That's probably where my 9.2 came from, since it's not a pedigree. Any more details?

On 11/7/2017 at 12:42 PM, shortboxed said:
On 11/7/2017 at 12:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Interesting, re: warehouse find. That's probably where my 9.2 came from, since it's not a pedigree. Any more details?

I don't know the details, but it's pretty common in high grade, so I've assumed it must be a warehouse find.  Fourteen CGC copies in 8.0 or higher and I've seen a fair number of high-grade raw copies. I don't know the story, or I knew it and forgot it -- which happens a lot! There was just the single issue, so perhaps it fizzled.  You don't see all that many lower grade copies, so perhaps it never made it to the stands or did so only to a limited extent.