• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2024 at 9:05 PM, adamstrange said:

There was a discussion of Cole Romance cover popularity as a result of the recent Heritage sale of True to Life Romance 11.

I will set up a poll for that, with the following approach:

Pick your 10 favorites out of all 83 Cole Romance covers.

Deadline Midnight Sunday

I have scans ready for all the covers to make it easy to participate.

Thoughts?

I ran into a problem with the approach because the Board poll function only allows 20 items in a poll.

So this will take a couple rounds to get to the final poll.

First two polls are up.  I'll do the next two tomorrow.

I did attempt to split up the better covers amidst each of the poll groups.  The top 5 from each group will move into Round 2 where will crown the winner.

I eliminated 3 comics from the list because of the limit to only 20 books in each poll.  I chose these for having the least amount of LB Cole art

183469.jpg

183470.jpg

257079.jpg

On 4/10/2024 at 8:54 PM, adamstrange said:

I did attempt to split up the better covers amidst each of the poll groups.  The top 5 from each group will move into Round 2 where will crown the winner.

I eliminated 3 comics from the list because of the limit to only 20 books in each poll.  I chose these for having the least amount of LB Cole art

183469.jpg

183470.jpg

257079.jpg

#3 should be there, but it wouldn't win anyhow. 

Thanks a TON for doing this!!!(thumbsu

I think most of my favorites are in the Popular Teen-Agers run still to come.  hm  That said, it's interesting how some covers I've long overlooked catch my eye in this new context.

Fun stuff. As Jaime said, thanks for doing!

On 4/10/2024 at 7:54 PM, adamstrange said:

183469.jpg

183470.jpg

257079.jpg

Heh, I do like the snark in the third but doubt it's making any top 10s.  Cool design on all three, but the #1 is my fave.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:12 AM, Ryan. said:

Power 2 @ $610 not bad for a 2.5.

Spook 26 @ $562 sounds about right.

Holiday 5 @ $455 is pretty darn good for an ungraded 4.0!  I was happy to see that!

4Most v8#5 - $810!!!  Holy shnikies!  I did NOT see that coming!  Ungraded, pretty well creased up TRC, and an often overlooked adventure title.  The only think I can think of is that there's only 1 on the census in 4.0.  It's a great cover, but that's one heck of a result!  I didn't have my 4Most issues pegged to be in my next submission, but I may have to rethink that...  

On 4/16/2024 at 9:48 AM, pmpknface said:

The only think I can think of is that there's only 1 on the census in 4.0. 

On 4/16/2024 at 9:48 AM, pmpknface said:

It's a great cover

LB Cole is sought after so I don't think any more explanation is needed. (shrug)

On 4/16/2024 at 6:48 AM, pmpknface said:

Power 2 @ $610 not bad for a 2.5.

Spook 26 @ $562 sounds about right.

Holiday 5 @ $455 is pretty darn good for an ungraded 4.0!  I was happy to see that!

4Most v8#5 - $810!!!  Holy shnikies!  I did NOT see that coming!  Ungraded, pretty well creased up TRC, and an often overlooked adventure title.  The only think I can think of is that there's only 1 on the census in 4.0.  It's a great cover, but that's one heck of a result!  I didn't have my 4Most issues pegged to be in my next submission, but I may have to rethink that...  

Holiday 5 is a Cole masterpiece! Glad to see it getting the love it deserves!