• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Just picked up a decent copy of THE KILLERS #1 and FRISKY ANIMALS #53!  I waited for a halfway decent FA #53 because I already have a cover proof of it, but I'm glad to finally have it.

They look great, Jamie! Well done.

Remind me, are you trying to collect all the LB Cole covers from the 40s/50s? How far along are you?

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

They look great, Jamie! Well done.

Remind me, are you trying to collect all the LB Cole covers from the 40s/50s? How far along are you?

Thanks!  :D Pretty much, yeah I am.  I think I have over 400 at the moment.  I also have some where he just did interior art.  I'm pretty far along, as I think I own more than I'm missing.  Here are some that I'm looking for.  There are more that I'm missing such as the Classics Illustrated ones but here's what I'm always on the lookout for:

Pop. Teen-Agers: 8  
True-To-Life Romances 4, 7  
Holiday Comics 4, 7  
Frisky Animals 55  
Frisky Fables 40, 42, 43  
Mighty Bear 13  
Cole #9
Criminals on the Run Vol.4 #3  
Guns Against Gangsters 6  
Terrors of the Jungle: 7, 8  
Captain Aero 17, 23 (have a cover proof of this tho)
Blue Bolt 105, 108, 111 (need a replacement copy) 
Ghostly Weird Stories 121,123, 
Spook: 27+  
Suspense Comics 5, 11

On 11/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, Robot Man said:

I am aware of it but have very seldom seen a copy. I'd grab it in a heartbeat if I had the chance. It is a digest humor book.

Yep, it's a rare one.  They do pop up tho.  I have a pair.  :)

Thanks guys.  I actually now have an undercopy that I picked up in this auction a few years ago:

8724879%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

I knew the grades weren't high, but I wasn't expecting the bottom corner of the 111 to be missing a 2" triangle.  :(  Took a bit, but now I've got an upgrade!  

20 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Thanks guys.  I actually now have an undercopy that I picked up in this auction a few years ago:

8724879%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

I knew the grades weren't high, but I wasn't expecting the bottom corner of the 111 to be missing a 2" triangle.  :(  Took a bit, but now I've got an upgrade!  

That Blue Bolt 113 was a great score too.  (thumbsu